I wonder if this is a scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder if this is a scam?

This ad has appeared on the Little Rock Craigslist twice just lately. https://littlerock.craigslist.org/ct...518494754.html The same truck is on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Studeb...9aVTLA&vxp=mtr
    The Craigslist ad is suspect especially for the price listed which is $8,000 less than the starting bid on eBay.
    Attached Files
    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

yes , its a scam . it was discussed over on the truck forum recently. One of the members went by to take a look at it and the owner was unaware of it being listed somewhere else.

Comment

You guys amaze me the way you picked up on this, I guess the scam is the $9,000 sale takes a deposit and you never see it again. Good job.

Comment

Don't you just wish these scammers would get a job like the rest of us?
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

& even if they aint got a job, at least a hobby that doesn't make problems for others!
          sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

Yes it is. I made the mistake of posting that ad here without realizing its unfortunate potential. It's a good thing no one here (I believe) got successfully conned by it.
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

theres a Flag button on CL just for this......... tell the owner to start watching for his truck and flag the ads.

OR even better get the Feds involved and try to catch these bums. Scam the Scammers!

Comment

I reported it to CL, but it's still up.
                Chip
                '63 Cruiser
                '57 Packard wagon
                '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
                '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I've flagged it on a couple NW CL's, but it still pop ups...what a loser.

Comment

Working...
                  X