No announcement yet.

I have seen the future!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good lord i hope thats not what the future holds its hard enough these days at 2.89 a gallon

Comment

good lord i hope thats not what the future holds its hard enough these days at 2.89 a gallon

Comment

My inlaws live only 10 miles away. After I got the new engine back in my '56 Golden Hawk I found that I could put $10.00 worth of gas in it, drive it to their house and back and the gauge was right back where it was before I started. Soooooo, on my way home from the Orphan Show in Branson a couple years ago I spotted a '53 coupe with 6 cyl and 3 speed overdrive. I can go alot farther on a gallon of gas and have something I can actually afford. What to do with the G.H.? I guess I'll keep it for when I want to burn some rubber, 'cause the champ sure won't burn any!!!

Comment

My inlaws live only 10 miles away. After I got the new engine back in my '56 Golden Hawk I found that I could put $10.00 worth of gas in it, drive it to their house and back and the gauge was right back where it was before I started. Soooooo, on my way home from the Orphan Show in Branson a couple years ago I spotted a '53 coupe with 6 cyl and 3 speed overdrive. I can go alot farther on a gallon of gas and have something I can actually afford. What to do with the G.H.? I guess I'll keep it for when I want to burn some rubber, 'cause the champ sure won't burn any!!!

Comment

I'm timing the market right now trying to decide when to take out my 36 foot Holiday Rambler motorhome with the 460 V8 and 75 gallon tank for a fillup[]. It's sitting on empty right now

quote:Originally posted by jnewkirk77

The good news is that gas here in KY has gone down about 15 cents in the past couple of weeks. The station on the corner had theirs priced at $2.859/gallon today. [:I]
            Mark Anderson
            Member SDC and FMCA
            Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
            http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
            Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

I'm timing the market right now trying to decide when to take out my 36 foot Holiday Rambler motorhome with the 460 V8 and 75 gallon tank for a fillup[]. It's sitting on empty right now

quote:Originally posted by jnewkirk77

The good news is that gas here in KY has gone down about 15 cents in the past couple of weeks. The station on the corner had theirs priced at $2.859/gallon today. [:I]
              Mark Anderson
              Member SDC and FMCA
              Keeper of the Studebaker Cruiser Registry
              http://home.alltel.net/anderm

My next Studebaker is in the future, but now getting my hair messed up in a Sebring ragtop!
              Almost as fun as a Studebaker!

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

On my way to the job site this morning...
                Leonard Shepherd
                http://leonardshepherd.com/
                That's good news, Leonard. Are you saving up to buy Gary's project black 1964 Daytona Convertible? BP
                We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

On my way to the job site this morning...
                  Leonard Shepherd
                  http://leonardshepherd.com/
                  That's good news, Leonard. Are you saving up to buy Gary's project black 1964 Daytona Convertible? BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                  "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                  X