• Show
Clear All

• York Meet

Where can I find information on the York Meet? Thanks
    Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
    City of York Fire Department
    York, SC 29745
    1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

If you are talking about the York Swap Meet, it's last year of operation was in 2017. This year the Raffle car drawing will be held at the AACA Museum on March 10,2018 with other events planned for the day. You can find more information about the event on keystone's website at this link: http://sdckeystoneregion.com/

​Hope this helps
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Sorry to hear that. I was thinking about attending and wanted to confirm the dates. Thanks for the info.
      Domenic Manera, Fire Chief
      City of York Fire Department
      York, SC 29745
      1954 Regal Starlight Coupe

Comment

Would still be a nice eventful day in Hershey, rather than York. And there will be some trunk and trailer swapping going on. KRC raffle.jpg
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Had occasion to be in the York area this weekend and drove through the York Fairgrounds -- if there had been a York meet this year, it would have been on this weekend or next. "Our" buildings looked forlorn with activity and no Studebakers in the parking lot -- in fact, no cars at all. We'll miss you York -- it was a great ride.
          Skip Lackie

Comment

First time in several years that I will be home for my wife's birthday! Kind of strange NOT being in Pa!!

Jim
            "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
            their Memorials!

Comment

Seems kinda funny for the first time in over 30 years not going thru my junk trying to figure out what to take to York for "show and tell".
              Guess I was really spoiled living only an hour away. I will surely miss the opportunity to break bread with my fellow Truck Farmers as well.

Thanks again Keystone, it was a great ride!
              JS
              I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

There was a young man handing out flyers for a NEW type York and I spoke to him briefly. It was going to be a multiple Marque meet and I suggested he try to put all Stude vendors together ,, I guess nothing came of that , I have his flyer floating around here somewhere , Maybe I will email him and see what's going on , Ed

Comment

Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
                  I will surely miss the opportunity to break bread with my fellow Truck Farmers as well.

JS
                  Footnote: Sam and Tony's, the bar/restaurant at which the Truck Farmers used to have their annual dinners, has gone out of business. Tried to have dinner there and found the place vacant and up for lease. RIP all those good traditions.
                  Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                    RIP all those good traditions.
                    ...like the get-togethers at Hooters.Actually, they closed up a few years ago.

Comment

Now come on lets cut out the Negative waves Moriarity , You like the fact York was only an hour away , Ed

Comment

My annual drive to York from the N.J. shore area was an eventful day leaving really early, avoiding all the trucks and pot holes on the Penn TRNPK and the long drive with too many stop lights. Arrival was always wonderful seeing so many vendors I have supported $$$$ for many years. Picking up a few needed and items not really needed but wanted was also a treat. For all those who supported and drove hundreds of miles to sell stuff I want to say.....THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
                        The return drive was equally as long as night time would fall before getting off of 95N to the I95E route, then the NJ Parkway. The excitement was also driving my 1963 GT Hawk knowing the previous original owner made that journey for many years. All good memories

Comment

If you are in the area, do visit the AACA Museum this coming Saturday for the raffle drawing, which is also going to be live-streamed on the KRC Facebook page at 2 PM Eastern time.

http://sdckeystoneregion.com/

Tickets are also now available on a lovely 1963 Avanti, avanti.jpg the 2019 Raffle offering.
                          Attached Files
                          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

My wife and I are planning to attend Hershey next Saturday! I'm excited to finally see the Hershey museum, especially since I'm a new AACA member. I still miss the swap meet at York...

Comment

Working...
                            X