Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drove the Stude Today

Another day, another dollar.

I don't envy you, Frank. Snow is not one of my strong suits.

Here I am on the way home yesterday in Southern Oregon with Mr. Biggs '63 Daytona in tow...

Clear and sunny from Portland north .

Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Comment

I don't envy you, Frank. Snow is not one of my strong suits.

Here I am on the way home yesterday in Southern Oregon with Mr. Biggs '63 Daytona in tow...

Clear and sunny from Portland north .

Dick Steinkamp
      Bellingham, WA

Comment

Geez Dick,

You must of been in a hurry.. I would've met ya at the freeway with a cup of coffee!!

George
        Grants Pass, Oregon
        65 Commander 2door
        64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
        63 Champ
        63 GT Hawk
        51 Champion Starlight Coupe
        George King
        Grants Pass, Oregon
        64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Geez Dick,

You must of been in a hurry.. I would've met ya at the freeway with a cup of coffee!!

George
          Grants Pass, Oregon
          65 Commander 2door
          64 Wagonaire's (1 parts car, 1 Canadian fixed roof disc brake car, the other sliding roof South Bend car.)
          63 Champ
          63 GT Hawk
          51 Champion Starlight Coupe
          George King
          Grants Pass, Oregon
          64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Good on ya' Frank![8D][^]... mine's home in bed.[|)]

<h5>Mark
            '57 Transtar
            3E-6/7-122
            </h5>
            Mark Hayden
            '66 Commander
            Zone Coordinator
            Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Good on ya' Frank![8D][^]... mine's home in bed.[|)]

<h5>Mark
              '57 Transtar
              3E-6/7-122
              </h5>
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander
              Zone Coordinator
              Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

Hi Dick - Boy, trailering in the snow would be way out of my class. Coming down off the Siskiyou's with a trailer - now that's scary. I trust you are safely at home now - lucky you made it yesterday instead of today.

I like your bed there, Mark. My bes are full of other stuff - dunno if I'm brave enough to take pix of it.

Frank

Comment

Hi Dick - Boy, trailering in the snow would be way out of my class. Coming down off the Siskiyou's with a trailer - now that's scary. I trust you are safely at home now - lucky you made it yesterday instead of today.

I like your bed there, Mark. My bes are full of other stuff - dunno if I'm brave enough to take pix of it.

Frank

Comment

I started my Studebaker today also, but there was no snow in Virginia. I did two videos of it. One when I just had it running. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdKBxGiOdj0

Then I drove it and made another video, but it was too long for Youtube and I don't know how to edit it down.

Leonard Shepherd
                    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I started my Studebaker today also, but there was no snow in Virginia. I did two videos of it. One when I just had it running. Here is the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdKBxGiOdj0

Then I drove it and made another video, but it was too long for Youtube and I don't know how to edit it down.

Leonard Shepherd
                      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

We've had plenty of cold weather down here in SC(so much for global warming), with several nights way down in the 'teens, and in some spots, single digits, but not much in the way of snow. We got a few pretty flakes last weekend, that lasted maybe 10 minutes, but stopped and turned to rain as soon as a bit of white started to show in the grassy areas of the yard. My Cruiser has started without a hitch in temps in the mid-teens, and the automatic shifts perfectly no matter how cold it is, and I wish I could say the same for my new Aveo. If it's below 30, it doesn't want to shift and I wind up creeping down the road at 40 mph with the rpm's around 4500 until the engine warms up-seems this is a typical issue with this model vehicle. I don't plan on driving either it or the Stude if there is an accumulation of snow, though, not if I can help it. People here in SC act like idiots when it snows, and there's always somebody who thinks the best way to deal with slippery roads is to drive normal speed and then slam on brakes. Most of the power outages in winter weather are caused by drivers taking out utility poles. Most of our highway depts. do not even have snow plows, and after spending close to the original cost of the Stude to repair salt damage in the fender wells, it's not going anywhere near the road if we do get any of the white stuff!

pitbulllady

Comment

We've had plenty of cold weather down here in SC(so much for global warming), with several nights way down in the 'teens, and in some spots, single digits, but not much in the way of snow. We got a few pretty flakes last weekend, that lasted maybe 10 minutes, but stopped and turned to rain as soon as a bit of white started to show in the grassy areas of the yard. My Cruiser has started without a hitch in temps in the mid-teens, and the automatic shifts perfectly no matter how cold it is, and I wish I could say the same for my new Aveo. If it's below 30, it doesn't want to shift and I wind up creeping down the road at 40 mph with the rpm's around 4500 until the engine warms up-seems this is a typical issue with this model vehicle. I don't plan on driving either it or the Stude if there is an accumulation of snow, though, not if I can help it. People here in SC act like idiots when it snows, and there's always somebody who thinks the best way to deal with slippery roads is to drive normal speed and then slam on brakes. Most of the power outages in winter weather are caused by drivers taking out utility poles. Most of our highway depts. do not even have snow plows, and after spending close to the original cost of the Stude to repair salt damage in the fender wells, it's not going anywhere near the road if we do get any of the white stuff!

pitbulllady

Comment

Nice pic Frank. Reminds of the winters that I spent working in Spokane.
                            Hey Dick, looks like you went through the same storm that dropped snow on us here in No Cal on the coast. I know its not much for the people that see snow yearly. But the storm that Dick went through yesterday produced snow flurries at the beach here. Its been since 93 for snow here.[] We normally have to go for a drive to play in snow.

Gordon

Comment

Nice pic Frank. Reminds of the winters that I spent working in Spokane.
                              Hey Dick, looks like you went through the same storm that dropped snow on us here in No Cal on the coast. I know its not much for the people that see snow yearly. But the storm that Dick went through yesterday produced snow flurries at the beach here. Its been since 93 for snow here.[] We normally have to go for a drive to play in snow.

Gordon

Comment

Working...
                              X