Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    John, you're a Lucky Dog to find that beautiful coupe. My only request is that you find an owner of a repro Auburn Speedster and see that he gets those plates!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• Roscomacaw
    replied
    John, you're a Lucky Dog to find that beautiful coupe. My only request is that you find an owner of a repro Auburn Speedster and see that he gets those plates!

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

Leave a comment:

• jnewkirk77
    replied
    I can picture that car completely done, and I believe it'll be as beautiful as the day it rolled off the line, John. Great find!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Leave a comment:

• jnewkirk77
    replied
    I can picture that car completely done, and I believe it'll be as beautiful as the day it rolled off the line, John. Great find!

Jacob Newkirk - Owensboro, KY

KEEP AMERICA BEAUTIFUL! Drive a Studebaker!

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    'Nice looking Dictator coupe "core," John. You were fortunate to find one so good. Congrats. BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    'Nice looking Dictator coupe "core," John. You were fortunate to find one so good. Congrats. BP

Leave a comment:

• Johnjb
    replied
    For those who are wondering what the BIG picture of the old stude is???

A 1934 Studebaker Dictator 3 window coupe. This is a "Look Ahead" model made in the later half of 1934. Really rare--I looked for years to find this one. Just bought from 2nd owner, but car was left outside for over 30 year and needs total restore--but limited rust since it was in Calif. Not sure how many coupes were made, but this is the first 34 Dictator I found in searching for years.

Leave a comment:

• Johnjb
    replied
    For those who are wondering what the BIG picture of the old stude is???

A 1934 Studebaker Dictator 3 window coupe. This is a "Look Ahead" model made in the later half of 1934. Really rare--I looked for years to find this one. Just bought from 2nd owner, but car was left outside for over 30 year and needs total restore--but limited rust since it was in Calif. Not sure how many coupes were made, but this is the first 34 Dictator I found in searching for years.

Leave a comment:

• alanmende
    replied
    Not exactly a barn find, but around 1975 after getting off from work in Somerville, NJ, I drove uptown a few blocks to one of the municipal parking lots to pick my wife up from work. In the lot was a 1964 Challenger 4-door with no plates on it. Figuring it was abandoned, I went over to the police station to let them know about the car and also to tell them that if they found the owner, they should have him call me as I'd buy it. I bought it for $75, and my wife was a bit perturbed with me saying, "You should have only offered him $50 for it; it was abandoned." The kicker was that there really wasn't anything wrong with it. Some time later, I sold it to a friend who needed a car while she was student teaching.

Alan Mende
    Hummelstown, PA

Leave a comment:

• alanmende
    replied
    Not exactly a barn find, but around 1975 after getting off from work in Somerville, NJ, I drove uptown a few blocks to one of the municipal parking lots to pick my wife up from work. In the lot was a 1964 Challenger 4-door with no plates on it. Figuring it was abandoned, I went over to the police station to let them know about the car and also to tell them that if they found the owner, they should have him call me as I'd buy it. I bought it for $75, and my wife was a bit perturbed with me saying, "You should have only offered him $50 for it; it was abandoned." The kicker was that there really wasn't anything wrong with it. Some time later, I sold it to a friend who needed a car while she was student teaching.

Alan Mende
    Hummelstown, PA

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    So no one accuses us of going off-topic: On Page 13 of this White Triangle News is a report of "Hudsons at Hershey." Three photos are included; one of a Hudson vendor space. The only car visible in that particular photo is a 1966 Studebaker! BP

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    So no one accuses us of going off-topic: On Page 13 of this White Triangle News is a report of "Hudsons at Hershey." Three photos are included; one of a Hudson vendor space. The only car visible in that particular photo is a 1966 Studebaker! BP

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied
    Yes, they are still out there. But when you find them, don't expect to get them for a song anymore. Those days are L O N G gone!

Dave Bonn
    Valencia, PA
    '54 Champion Starliner

Leave a comment:

• Blue 15G
    replied
    Yes, they are still out there. But when you find them, don't expect to get them for a song anymore. Those days are L O N G gone!

Dave Bonn
    Valencia, PA
    '54 Champion Starliner

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied
    I found a '61 Lark 4dr,6 cyl.plainly visible from the street.Got the guys number,and called to ask if he might sell it.He was amazed that somone would call about an 'old Studebaker'[:0]
    He couldn't decide if it's for sale or not,I'll be calling him again soon.He did tell me that it runs,and it's a'straight six'with an aluminum block!

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X