Lark Wagonaire question and youtube vid inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lark Wagonaire question and youtube vid inside

Check out this innovation from Studebaker! One of many they offered years before the competition. For more great events like this visit your regional calenda...

In the beginning part of this video the guy says that wagonaire were built on truck chassis. Is this correct? News to me
    Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Originally posted by what huh View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg9t4b-h300

In the beginning part of this video the guy says that wagonaire were built on truck chassis. Is this correct? News to me
    The Wagonaires WERE NOT built on truck chassis. They used the same 113-inch wheelbase as the later four door sedans. The only difference was the addition of an X-frame section to reinforce the body on the sliding roof models.
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

That was my thinking as well, this “truck” chassis wagonaire must have a 289 in it also.... you know... the one that ford went back in time and gave to studebaker😂

I crack me up sometimes
      Charles

Comment

In contrast, weren't some Champ pickup cabs/beds installed on Wagonaire chassis for a customer in the middle east? Perhaps an oil company?
        -Dwight

Comment

I think he meant 'one could make a truck frame or two out of a Wagonaire frame' !!

Comment

Originally posted by (S) View Post
            I think he meant 'one could make a truck frame or two out of a Wagonaire frame' !!
            he said "these were actually built... ah... on truck chassis."
            Charles

Comment

Working...
            X