Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'63 Cruiser on CL in Colorado for $6.4k--clean looking!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '63 Cruiser on CL in Colorado for $6.4k--clean looking!

https://westslope.craigslist.org/cto...499571100.html

Not mine. 3spd with OD and 259.

A 1963 Cruiser would have a 289 cid as standard equipment.

EDIT: It states "all original" but it also has a 1962 grille and 1962 taillights, along with the purported 259.
    Last edited by studegary; 02-18-2018, 08:16 AM. Reason: missing s
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Seats are far from original

Comment

Not to be a nit-picker but, aren’t the wheel covers from 1962? My 1963 Daytona Wagonaire had white painted centers.
        sigpic1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
        Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
        "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

Comment

It does appear to be a '62, and not a '63, which would explain all the variants. '62 also had the "LARK" on the front fenders and '63 did not.

On a side note; along with the car pictures I'm seeing seven beautiful women who want to marry me, and Postimage won't let me scroll through the pictures like those normally posted on the Forum. Is everyone else seeing these or am I the only one these women are interested in?
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

It looks like it would be a nice daily driver. No, Rockne10, you're not the only one. They want to marry me also. Think I'll keep the one I've got though. Been married 37 years, in March.

Comment

Originally posted by 57pack View Post
              Not to be a nit-picker but, aren’t the wheel covers from 1962? My 1963 Daytona Wagonaire had white painted centers.
              The wheelcovers are 1963 style that someone has painted the center on (1962s do not have the large white painted band).
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                It does appear to be a '62, and not a '63, which would explain all the variants. '62 also had the "LARK" on the front fenders and '63 did not.

On a side note; along with the car pictures I'm seeing seven beautiful women who want to marry me, and Postimage won't let me scroll through the pictures like those normally posted on the Forum. Is everyone else seeing these or am I the only one these women are interested in?
                It is a 1963, not a 1962. Things that are most different for those two years are the upper door frames.

As far as the "LARK" on the fender goes, a 1962 Cruiser would have "Lark Cruiser" on the front fender and the 1963 Cruiser would not have Lark because it was not a Lark model. This car probably has front fenders off of a 1963 Lark.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                X