Kwiz-53 coupe, Loma Gray pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kwiz-53 coupe, Loma Gray pieces

How many individual pieces in the interior of a '53 Coupe with Automatic Drive receive Loma Gray paint?

A. 14
    B. Who cares?
    C. 24
    D. All of them
    E. 34
    F. Why?
    Because I looked forward to having that behind me, and now I do.

Brad Johnson
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10,
    '51 Commander Starlight,
    '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
    '56 Sky Hawk

I'm gonna guess 24, simply because I know it's more than 14 and I don't have any idea how many different pieces of the dash there are...

nate

--
    55 Commander Starlight
    http://members.cox.net/njnagel
    --
    55 Commander Starlight

Comment

I'm gonna guess 24, simply because I know it's more than 14 and I don't have any idea how many different pieces of the dash there are...

nate

--
      55 Commander Starlight
      --
      55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Only three pieces in the dash proper: dash, glovebox, ashtray.
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10,
        '51 Commander Starlight,
        '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Only three pieces in the dash proper: dash, glovebox, ashtray.

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I am going with "E". There are a lot, all of the windshield and rear window surround mouldings and joiners, the right fender vent door, 1/4 window frames, all of the dash and it's parts, the rear view mirror to name only a few.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I am going with "E". There are a lot, all of the windshield and rear window surround mouldings and joiners, the right fender vent door, 1/4 window frames, all of the dash and it's parts, the rear view mirror to name only a few.

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

How many individual pieces in the interior of a '53 Coupe with Automatic Drive receive Loma Gray paint?
                Did that not vary between late and early '53? I thought they color co-ordinated a few more of the painted interior components later in the year.

Craig

Comment

quote:Originally posted by rockne10

Did that not vary between late and early '53? I thought they color co-ordinated a few more of the painted interior components later in the year.

Craig

Comment

I don't know when the interiors began to be co-ordinated to the exterior colors; probably very few '53's, if any.

I counted 34 individual pieces in mine, including the package shelf and door trim. There are six small strips that are inserted to divide the headliner and rear quarter trim around the rear quarter windows. Six pieces in the steering column: jacket, bracket, shift collar, shift indicator cover, shift lever and turn signal lever; four rear garnish pieces, quarter window frames, two front garnish moldings, rearview bracket and mirror, right vent door, left vent screen, dash, glovebox, ashtray, sun visor plates and two other pieces that elude me.

Darnit! I forgot to paint the seat frame.[V] How many pieces in that?

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    '33 Rockne 10,
                    '51 Commander Starlight,
                    '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

I don't know when the interiors began to be co-ordinated to the exterior colors; probably very few '53's, if any.

I counted 34 individual pieces in mine, including the package shelf and door trim. There are six small strips that are inserted to divide the headliner and rear quarter trim around the rear quarter windows. Six pieces in the steering column: jacket, bracket, shift collar, shift indicator cover, shift lever and turn signal lever; four rear garnish pieces, quarter window frames, two front garnish moldings, rearview bracket and mirror, right vent door, left vent screen, dash, glovebox, ashtray, sun visor plates and two other pieces that elude me.

Darnit! I forgot to paint the seat frame.[V] How many pieces in that?

Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                      '33 Rockne 10,
                      '51 Commander Starlight,
                      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

About as many pieces as a '53 2 door sedan w/ auto drive +/-!
                        (E) is a good guess......

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

About as many pieces as a '53 2 door sedan w/ auto drive +/-!
                          (E) is a good guess......

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Brad, the answer is " B" so just get it done for the 44th SDC International Meet ibn September as I want to drive it!!!

See you Saturday?

See you in the future as I write about our past
                            sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Brad, the answer is " B" so just get it done for the 44th SDC International Meet ibn September as I want to drive it!!!

See you Saturday?

See you in the future as I write about our past
                              sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Working...
                              X