Massive parts find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massive parts find

Did anyone see on TV yesterday that there was a massive NOS parts find ??
    Does anyone know if the program was recent or long ago . If someone saw it where were these parts found . Just curious have all my used parts to get rid of yet.

Old Fart

Which show? What brand of parts?
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Pile View Post
      Which show? What brand of parts?
      Well...I did catch a glimpse of some mention about some remote third world warring country where there were some mass graves discovered...but that was mostly "body Parts."

It would be helpful to get a few more details about what this thread is really about. I have had some discussions with fellow SDC members regarding which will come first. Will we run out of Studebaker Parts first...or people who could use them?
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

For those aren't sure I do believe this forum is about Studebaker related subjects . When I posted this massive parts find on TV I was referring to NOS Studebaker parts . I would have thought that was clear enough . So nobody knows what TV show this was ??

Old Fart

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
          For those aren't sure I do believe this forum is about Studebaker related subjects . When I posted this massive parts find on TV I was referring to NOS Studebaker parts . I would have thought that was clear enough . So nobody knows what TV show this was ??

Old Fart
          Sorry for being "snarky." It was "low hanging fruit," so I grabbed it. I'm gonna blame it on the late superbowl aftermath and the morning consumption of "caffeine" consumed to offset it!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by old fart View Post
            Did anyone see on TV yesterday that there was a massive NOS parts find ??
            Does anyone know if the program was recent or long ago . If someone saw it where were these parts found . Just curious have all my used parts to get rid of yet.

Old Fart
            Im really NOT trying to be snarky here, but you have not provided a lot of details on what was found, where it was found, what channel, and what news program or show. Can you add some of that info? We may be able to track down some info online with a bit of that.

Comment

The only show I can recall was when Pickers visited Jim Barr in northern Wisconsin. It could have been a rerun of that show.
              james r pepper

Comment

Originally posted by jpepper View Post
                The only show I can recall was when Pickers visited Jim Barr in northern Wisconsin. It could have been a rerun of that show.
                Ok, well there is a Jim Bahr, (not Barr). Details of that show are here
                http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...erican-Pickers

Season 14, episode 11, titled "Who's the Rarest of Them All?"
                the episode description says "The guys find themselves in Studebaker heaven, and visit a designer with the rarest collection in the Midwest."

Comment

Originally posted by creegster View Post
                  Im really NOT trying to be snarky here, but you have not provided a lot of details on what was found, where it was found, what channel, and what news program or show. Can you add some of that info? We may be able to track down some info online with a bit of that.
                  "Did anyone see on TV yesterday that there was a massive NOS parts find ??"

I have to agree this sounds like we are being asked if we saw something (or not) the poster had already seen.

"Does anyone know if the program was recent or long ago . If someone saw it where were these parts found . Just curious have all my used parts to get rid of yet."

On the other hand I think one can deduce that the poster himself didn't know based on the statements (lacking question marks) that came afterwards. But, yes, initially I was confused too. Maybe chalk it up to being excited?
                  '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Looks like my question has been answered by Jim P . This very well could be a repeat program of the "Pickers " I hadn't seen it was asked by a fellow chapter member who hasn't got a computer to look things up . Thanks to everyone who took part in my quest for an answer .

Old Fart

Comment

I just went out and checked the shop. Not it!

Comment

This is a link to the History Channel page regarding the episode. http://www.history.com/shows/america...-14/episode-11

If..., you have cable service many channels like the History Channel allow you access to previous episodes (Jan. 6th 2016 original air date BTW). You just have to prove that you are in fact a subscriber to the cable channel. Another possibility, but less likely because if has been a year now is some cable provides offer "on demand" option (free on my Frontier service) to go back and watch recent shows.

This link will take you to a You Tube option to purchase the video for viewing. Note I have never done this but it is an option. Also, season 14, episode 11 is listed at this link as "Pedal Pusher" and there is no mention of Studebakers. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAnl...Fj_PLfjkzynJ3A
                        Attached Files
                        '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Working...
                        X