Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what huh
    replied
    I see the color difference in the engine bay as well but the door jambs are the same color as the body to my eyes.

Why would somebody go through the time of doing the jambs and rockers without doing the inner fenders?

Could it just be the sun? if you look at the passenger fender in the engine bay photo, that paint has a ton of flop as is it curves from the horizontal surface to the vertical surface on the fender

But as you look around the engine bay that is clearly yellow

EDIT ----------------

OH nuts, I click on some more engine bay pics and yea..... YELLOW engine bay. not the same color at all

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by drrotor View Post
    Sure looks to me like the ‘66 has been repainted in a non-stock color... take a close look at the picture of the engine compartment. Looks to be yellow whereas the surrounding fender tops appear green... or is it just my eyes?
    It is not your eyes, the firewall appears to be a closer match to the original color.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• r1lark
    replied
    Originally posted by drrotor View Post
    Sure looks to me like the ‘66 has been repainted in a non-stock color... take a close look at the picture of the engine compartment. Looks to be yellow whereas the surrounding fender tops appear green... or is it just my eyes?
    I agree, big difference between the engine bay/firewall color and the outside color.

Leave a comment:

• drrotor
    replied

Leave a comment:

• what huh
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    That is correct Lime Yellow: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-see-those-66s!

Craig
    Cool Beans! Thanks

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Originally posted by what huh View Post
    It is an interesting color, kinda grows on me everything I see it. Is "Lime Yellow" the name of color?
    That is correct Lime Yellow: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-see-those-66s!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• what huh
    replied
    Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
    It is a late-year car, painted in the Spring color, Lime Yellow.

Craig
    It is an interesting color, kinda grows on me everything I see it. Is "Lime Yellow" the name of color?

Leave a comment:

• what huh
    replied
    Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
    The ‘66 is Beautiful. I fear someone will Hot Rod it though and more Studebaker history will be bastardized.
    dont let fear hold you back, buy it. it then cannot be bastardized

Leave a comment:

• 64V19816
    replied
    The ‘66 is Beautiful. I fear someone will Hot Rod it though and more Studebaker history will be bastardized.

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    Both of these sound, and look, like good deals. The '66 a little better. I wonder why it has been on the market for so long. Either would be great "starter" cars for somebody just getting into the Studebaker hobby. But wouldn't be bad for the rest of us either. Just would need a close up look.

Leave a comment:

• thunderations
    replied
    And.........it was only a 7 1/2 month long year.
    Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
    The '66 was on ebay last summer.

Leave a comment:

• sals54
    replied
    That 61 Lark is the spitting image of my sister's car when she was in high school down in SoCal. We bombed around in that heap for years. Then my brother bought it off her and drove it for another few years. Hmmmmm maybe this is the same one????? Ya never know.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    It is a late-year car, painted in the Spring color, Lime Yellow.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Mike Sal
    replied
    The '66 was on ebay last summer.

Leave a comment:

• what huh
    replied
    I have been keeping an eye on the 66 Commander and have wondered why it hasnt sold given the price that I think is low. I have seen it for sale for at least the past 6 months.

Anybody have thought on the 66 Commander? Cause as soon as my 2017 F-150 sells, Im in the market

Leave a comment:

Working...
X