Generation Gap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generation Gap

I found these two Studes for sale on classic cars.com. I know has about the most generic name to ever exist but it's actually really good for tracking down interesting rides. What I found this time is a generation gap. I found a 1966 Commander and a 1961 Lark VI. When you consider that both of these are bottom-trim 4 doors with little options it is really remarkable that they are as in nice condition that they are now. These cars were born from the same source, yet they could not be any more different in their characters.

1961 Lark VI: https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...illinois-60091

1966 Commander: https://classiccars.com/listings/vie...carolina-29680
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 02-01-2018, 07:58 AM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

I have been keeping an eye on the 66 Commander and have wondered why it hasnt sold given the price that I think is low. I have seen it for sale for at least the past 6 months.

Anybody have thought on the 66 Commander? Cause as soon as my 2017 F-150 sells, Im in the market
    Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Comment

The '66 was on ebay last summer.

Comment

It is a late-year car, painted in the Spring color, Lime Yellow.

Craig

Comment

That 61 Lark is the spitting image of my sister's car when she was in high school down in SoCal. We bombed around in that heap for years. Then my brother bought it off her and drove it for another few years. Hmmmmm maybe this is the same one????? Ya never know.
          sals54

Comment

And.........it was only a 7 1/2 month long year.
            Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
            The '66 was on ebay last summer.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Both of these sound, and look, like good deals. The '66 a little better. I wonder why it has been on the market for so long. Either would be great "starter" cars for somebody just getting into the Studebaker hobby. But wouldn't be bad for the rest of us either. Just would need a close up look.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

The ‘66 is Beautiful. I fear someone will Hot Rod it though and more Studebaker history will be bastardized.

Comment

Originally posted by 64V19816 View Post
                  The ‘66 is Beautiful. I fear someone will Hot Rod it though and more Studebaker history will be bastardized.
                  dont let fear hold you back, buy it. it then cannot be bastardized
                  Charles

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                    It is a late-year car, painted in the Spring color, Lime Yellow.

Craig
                    It is an interesting color, kinda grows on me everything I see it. Is "Lime Yellow" the name of color?
                    Charles

Comment

Originally posted by what huh View Post
                      It is an interesting color, kinda grows on me everything I see it. Is "Lime Yellow" the name of color?
                      That is correct Lime Yellow: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-see-those-66s!

Craig

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
                        That is correct Lime Yellow: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...-see-those-66s!

Craig
                        Cool Beans! Thanks
                        Charles

Comment

Sure looks to me like the ‘66 has been repainted in a non-stock color... take a close look at the picture of the engine compartment. Looks to be yellow whereas the surrounding fender tops appear green... or is it just my eyes?
                          1950 Commander Land Cruiser
                          1951 Champion Business Coupe
                          1951 Commander Starlight
                          1952 Champion 2Dr. Sedan
                          1953 Champion Starlight
                          1953 Commander Starliner
                          1953 2R5
                          1956 Golden Hawk Jet Streak
                          1957 Silver Hawk
                          1957 3E5 Pick-Up
                          1959 Silver Hawk
                          1961 Hawk
                          1962 Cruiser 4 speed
                          1963 Daytona Convertible
                          1964 Daytona R2 4 speed
                          1965 Cruiser
                          1970 Avanti

Comment

Originally posted by drrotor View Post
                            Sure looks to me like the ‘66 has been repainted in a non-stock color... take a close look at the picture of the engine compartment. Looks to be yellow whereas the surrounding fender tops appear green... or is it just my eyes?
                            I agree, big difference between the engine bay/firewall color and the outside color.
                            Paul
                            Winston-Salem, NC
                            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by drrotor View Post
                              It is not your eyes, the firewall appears to be a closer match to the original color.

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X