1957 President classic Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi 57 Classic
    Glad to hear that it found an appreciative buyer, even if you do end up parting it out, at least it won't be wasted as scrap for China.

Once you have it running and determine if the engine and powertrain are good, then you should be able to better decide it's fate. If it proves to be good mechanically, I'd recommend you set your sights on finding a '57 parts car with good glass as well as other interchangeable parts. Ideally that would be a rusty but complete '57 President Classic but regular wheelbase four door President and Commander sedans do show up frequently on eBay and other sources.

I had a '57 President Classic that I stupidly sold in '91, it was an enjoyable nice driving car....just one of many dumb things I've done.
    I was very tempted to bid on the car you bought as it appears to be so solid and rustfree but really don't want to take on a project right now. I wish you good luck with it and hope you will find it worthy of restoration.
    Steve

Comment

Hi 57 Classic
      Glad to hear that it found an appreciative buyer, even if you do end up parting it out, at least it won't be wasted as scrap for China.

Once you have it running and determine if the engine and powertrain are good, then you should be able to better decide it's fate. If it proves to be good mechanically, I'd recommend you set your sights on finding a '57 parts car with good glass as well as other interchangeable parts. Ideally that would be a rusty but complete '57 President Classic but regular wheelbase four door President and Commander sedans do show up frequently on eBay and other sources.

I had a '57 President Classic that I stupidly sold in '91, it was an enjoyable nice driving car....just one of many dumb things I've done.
      I was very tempted to bid on the car you bought as it appears to be so solid and rustfree but really don't want to take on a project right now. I wish you good luck with it and hope you will find it worthy of restoration.
      Steve

Comment

StudeRich is that the resister dead center of the firewall that one end connects to the coil
        the other from the harness. The short wire seems to crank the engine fine now i need the other to run it thanks.

Comment

StudeRich is that the resister dead center of the firewall that one end connects to the coil
          the other from the harness. The short wire seems to crank the engine fine now i need the other to run it thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X