Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• February Turning Wheels

Good Day SDC members,

February's Turning Wheels was released to the USPS yesterday afternoon. It should start appearing in mailboxes around the USA as early as about Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Foreign issues were also released yesterday as well. Unfortunately, they take a little longer to arrive. Your input on delivery is important to me and helps me monitor the process so let me know when you receive it.

Thanks!!
    sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Feb Issue

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
    Good Day SDC members,

February's Turning Wheels was released to the USPS yesterday afternoon. It should start appearing in mailboxes around the USA as early as about Wednesday or Thursday next week.

Foreign issues were also released yesterday as well. Unfortunately, they take a little longer to arrive. Your input on delivery is important to me and helps me monitor the process so let me know when you receive it.

Thanks!!
    Will let you know when it arrives in Manitoba . By my calculations should be in the first week . Old Fart

Comment

Thanks, I did not get January's, nor it's replacement yet. I hope I get this one!

Good Day SDC members,

Thanks!!
      Ron Dame
      '63 Champ

Comment

Ron

I'll check with Mark on Monday for you. Please let me know if you get January's as well as February in the next week or so.

Comment

Hi Don,
          That is good news. I will let you know when I get ours here in Grimsby. January's was a little earlier. In a note on the USPS, I mailed a credit card payment from Niagara Falls New York on Jan 3 and it arrived in Milwaukee and was posted on Jan. 5. All this after the post office employee told me that the mail would be a bit slower.

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
          studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Susan,

Don't know what the answer is either but just want to gather dome data so we can try figure out where the barriers are. Just need to try and monitor it.

Comment

Susan,

Don't know what the answer is either but just want to gather dome data so we can try figure out where the barriers are. Just need to try and monitor it.
              I have an answer and it is not good. (USPS) many companies will not accept a post mark as proof of timely payment and for good reason. We have received mail from the next town postmarked a month earlier. I have given up on speaking to our postmaster about other people receiving our mail and us receiving theirs. I wish I could see a good solution.
              don

Comment

1/29/18 in Pine Grove Mills, PA.
                "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Got mine last Wednesday (01/24/2018) in Chatsworth, CA (Los Angeles area).
                  Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
                  '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
                  '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
                  '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

Comment

Wow Howard that's almost record time to the west coast. Thanks for sharing with me.

Comment

Originally posted by GTHawk View Post
                      I have an answer and it is not good. (USPS) many companies will not accept a post mark as proof of timely payment and for good reason. We have received mail from the next town postmarked a month earlier. I have given up on speaking to our postmaster about other people receiving our mail and us receiving theirs. I wish I could see a good solution.
                      1/29/18. Wow, amazing!! Platteville, Wisconsin.
                      don

Comment

Saturday, January 27, arrived in the Kentucky bluegrass...

Comment

Ron

I'll check with Mark on Monday for you. Please let me know if you get January's as well as February in the next week or so.
                          I have both January's repalcement and February now. Thanks!
                          Ron Dame
                          '63 Champ

Comment

At the Saturday, January 27 meeting of the central Indiana (Indy) chapter SDC, most members reported having theirs already.

Mine arrived Monday the 29th, to be expected in the areas around Indianapolis. So I'm sure central Indiana members will have theirs by the end of January, Don, if they don't have them already. BP
                            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Ron, glad you finally got January's and now you have both. Bob, Thanks for the heads up. To all who have let me know you have yours, Thanks. To our Canadian friends we are looking for ways to speed up yours as well, Please remember once it gets in the Canadian Postal System we have no control but we can get it in the Canadian system quicker and that's what we are doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X