Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking for a Starter for a 185 champion motor.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a Starter for a 185 champion motor.

I got a call today from a person who is looking for a Starter for his 185 Champion motor. It is a standard transmission. He states that he need part # MVG 4103 made by autolite. Any one has one, please pm me.

I have a pile of starters at home, and I know I parted out at least two mid-'50's Champions. If your party hasn't found one in a week, let me know.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

If the "person" is Juan Thomas in San Francisco, he needs a 12 volt starter for a standard transmission.
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

So he probably needs a '56 to '60 Manual Trans, 12 Volt, Six Cylinder one then.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Roy , You are correct. It is Juan. He needs a 12 volt starter

Comment

Champion engines can use the same starter whether manual or automatic transmission equipped.
            Also, any ‘61 - ‘64 starter from an OHV Six would work, unless he thinks he wants the original Autolite numbers on his starter.
            Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 01-15-2018, 06:58 PM.

Comment

He called me a couple of times looking for one and I sent him to Barry Hackney and Roy,
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Originally posted by candbstudebakers View Post
                He called me a couple of times looking for one and I sent him to Barry Hackney and Roy,
                That's funny, because I sent him to you and Roy Valdez.
                RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

Comment

I think I have one that came off a 58 Hawk 6. That work ? Weather won't let me check for a couple of days. I will have to go over in the woods and check in the magic bus. If one isn't located I will be glad to check in the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashback View Post
                    I think I have one that came off a 58 Hawk 6. That work ? Weather won't let me check for a couple of days. I will have to go over in the woods and check in the magic bus. If one isn't located I will be glad to check in the next few days.
                    That should work, according to what everyone has said so far.

Comment

yet another part appears in the magic bus. Yes I have a starter that came off a 58, 185 six (58 Hawk), was supposedly rebuilt. I started and ran the engine, stripped accessories and got rid of engine. It looks good and drive appears new, or rebuilt? I can't figure out how to post a picture. The starter is the one with the relay on top. (not solenoid) but relay. If still needed, let me know.

Comment

Yes, he still wants it. Pm me

Comment

Working...
                        X