58 Packard wagon emblem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 58 Packard wagon emblem

I recently found a website called Emblemagic.com that has a 58 Packard wagon tailgate emblem for $200.00. I think one sold on eBay recently for much more than that.

Here is the link:

http://www.emblemagic.com/packard.htm

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

I wonder if I could buy one for $200.00 and flip it on e-Bay? [}]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
    Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I wonder if I could buy one for $200.00 and flip it on e-Bay? [}]

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
      Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I thought of the same thing, but felt guilty about doing it.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

I thought of the same thing, but felt guilty about doing it.

Leonard Shepherd

Comment

Hmmmm.... I'm beginning to wonder if these things aren't like Tucker automobile radios, where there are many more of them out there than there are cars to use them, even if every single 1958 Packard wagon was extant and restorable.

This has been mentioned here before; the possibility of a minimum production run being required that well exceeded the actual number of cars built, thus producing a dearth of them in the crash parts downstream supply. [:0]

('Just don't advance that theory to anyone getting megabucks for them! [:0][}].) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hmmmm.... I'm beginning to wonder if these things aren't like Tucker automobile radios, where there are many more of them out there than there are cars to use them, even if every single 1958 Packard wagon was extant and restorable.

This has been mentioned here before; the possibility of a minimum production run being required that well exceeded the actual number of cars built, thus producing a dearth of them in the crash parts downstream supply. [:0]

('Just don't advance that theory to anyone getting megabucks for them! [:0][}].) BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

The one I saw on eBay went for $600 or so. JP could make more off an emblem than he does on some cars. [)]

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

The one I saw on eBay went for $600 or so. JP could make more off an emblem than he does on some cars. [)]

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I figured it would be sold by now. I sent an email to a forum member about this piece about a month or two ago.
                    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

I figured it would be sold by now. I sent an email to a forum member about this piece about a month or two ago.
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

"The emblem you are interested in ordering is not currently in stock. We can back order your emblem with a 50% deposit (check or money order, no credit cards). Payable is US dollars and drawn on a US bank. The emblem should be ready in Oct. 2008
                        When ordering your emblem, be sure to include the part number as listed on the web site, or our catalog, and the quantity being ordered as well as your shipping address and phone number. We will write up your order, and send a copy of the back order to you along with our illustrated catalog. "

JDP/Maryland
                        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                        spent to date $54664,75
                        64 R2 GT (Sid)
                        spent to date $62,839.60
                        63 Lark 2 door
                        51 Commander
                        39 Coupe express
                        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

"The emblem you are interested in ordering is not currently in stock. We can back order your emblem with a 50% deposit (check or money order, no credit cards). Payable is US dollars and drawn on a US bank. The emblem should be ready in Oct. 2008
                          When ordering your emblem, be sure to include the part number as listed on the web site, or our catalog, and the quantity being ordered as well as your shipping address and phone number. We will write up your order, and send a copy of the back order to you along with our illustrated catalog. "

JDP/Maryland
                          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                          spent to date $54664,75
                          64 R2 GT (Sid)
                          spent to date $62,839.60
                          63 Lark 2 door
                          51 Commander
                          39 Coupe express
                          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

On back order from where[?]