production order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• production order

I recieved my passenger car production order today but i have a few questions. what is AC 2750,XAC 2841,XAC 2688,SP 50060PR? Also the line number is 13128 does anyone know what the numbers raged from for the 57 silver hawks? And under the Ship Via it just says ST What does that stand for? Thanks in advace you guys and gals have been a great help, also if anyone knows of the cheapest and best place to get inner and outer control arm bushings that would be great. thanks again!!!!!
    Kevin Phillips
    Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

The "X" AC numbers are all uninstalled Accessories, the SP50060PR is a Pair of seat belts, AC2750 Cigar Liter, AC2841 Wheelcovers, AC2688 Internally Controlled Concealed Cowl Antenna.

The line numbers do not tell us much, as they are not model specific, the Silver Hawk serials were not identified either, it's in the '57H President 289 Totals.

The "ST" may be the Trucking Co. if it was sold close to South Bend?
    Usually the Railroads across the Country are numerous!

OH! all of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com charge within a nickel or a dime of each other!

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The "X" AC numbers are all uninstalled Accessories, the SP50060PR is a Pair of seat belts, AC2750 Cigar Liter, AC2841 Wheelcovers, AC2688 Internally Controlled Concealed Cowl Antenna.

The line numbers do not tell us much, as they are not model specific, the Silver Hawk serials were not identified either, it's in the '57H President 289 Totals.

The "ST" may be the Trucking Co. if it was sold close to South Bend?
      Usually the Railroads across the Country are numerous!

OH! all of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com charge within a nickel or a dime of each other!

StudeRich

Comment

("OH! all of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com charge within a nickel or a dime of each other!")

Well, I suppose that's true, now that Stephen Allen went out of business...

Comment

("OH! all of us Studebaker Vendors at studebakervendors.com charge within a nickel or a dime of each other!")

Comment

thanks for the other info just one more question. i know the paint was artic white and glendale green by paint code p 5723 what does
            T 5743A GR 23 stand for
            Kevin Phillips
            Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

thanks for the other info just one more question. i know the paint was artic white and glendale green by paint code p 5723 what does
              T 5743A GR 23 stand for
              Kevin Phillips
              Jacksonville,AR

53 commander

Comment

It's all about WHAT you buy, and what it's wholesale cost was Frank![:0]

All of us from time to time will sell an NOS item bought cheap in a large lot for less, like Steve did, but if it comes from South Bend NOS, or NEW from S.I. or somewhere else it was paid for in 2008 dollars WITH shipping, and it is "price controlled" so to speak based on cost! Simple really.

quote:Originally posted by Frank Starr

StudeRich

Comment

It's all about WHAT you buy, and what it's wholesale cost was Frank![:0]

All of us from time to time will sell an NOS item bought cheap in a large lot for less, like Steve did, but if it comes from South Bend NOS, or NEW from S.I. or somewhere else it was paid for in 2008 dollars WITH shipping, and it is "price controlled" so to speak based on cost! Simple really.

quote:Originally posted by Frank Starr

StudeRich

Comment

It depends on WHERE you see it! You are not showing us the actual P.O. so it is harder to decode, it is either the Interior Trim Paint Color ="T", or it could be the code for the combination of colors (two tone) paint, I am not sure without seeing it, but Richard Quinn would know.
                    "GR 23" -the GR = Green
                    Rich. G.

quote:Originally posted by kpcoupe

T 5743A GR 23 stand for
                    StudeRich

Comment

It depends on WHERE you see it! You are not showing us the actual P.O. so it is harder to decode, it is either the Interior Trim Paint Color ="T", or it could be the code for the combination of colors (two tone) paint, I am not sure without seeing it, but Richard Quinn would know.
                      "GR 23" -the GR = Green
                      Rich. G.

quote:Originally posted by kpcoupe

T 5743A GR 23 stand for
                      StudeRich

Comment

As to parts prices - a vendor selling inner bushings or windshield rubber or piston rings (assuming all these things are of the same quality or source) who's charging inordinately high prices is gonna make less money in the end than those selling for less. Fact is, he may find himself out of the Stude Parts Biz right quick.
                        All that aside, these parts don't just appear out of thin air when someone places an order. They have to be stored - stored in good, weathertight, vermin-proof storage - sometimes for DECADES before being called to service. That's MONEY - plain and simple.
                        As Rich alludes, there's the rare chance a vendor might stumble upon a little cache of NOS parts that someone's had in their garage for years and amongst the stuff (most of which will be mundane) there'll be one or two PRIZE pieces - the likes of which have been NLA for decades! A good example is the Packard wagon emblems we've seen of late.
                        Stuff like that - the sky's the limit! But stuff like those bushings - someone charging well above the rest, they're gonna have a fat stock of bushings to hold onto for a long time.
                        Another aspect that's often overlooked by relative newbies is freshness of stock. Since we're talking bushings here - would you rather have say - 10-year old bushings (remember, they're made with rubber!) or NOS ones (some 40-50 years of age)? Same with NORS fuel pumps and water pumps. Would you rather have a pump that was rebuilt 40 years ago and has been sitting in who knows WHAT kind of storage all along, or one that's new or freshly rebuilt? NOS SOUNDS NICE - but with 40, 50 maybe even 60 years of age to it? And heck - it might come really nicely priced since all it's done is sit or change hands thru the years! But what's it really worth if it's gonna quit after a 100 miles??? Seems I've heard an old line to go by a time or two - something about getting what you pay for.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
                        the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                        1960 Larkvertible V8
                        1958 Provincial wagon
                        1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

As to parts prices - a vendor selling inner bushings or windshield rubber or piston rings (assuming all these things are of the same quality or source) who's charging inordinately high prices is gonna make less money in the end than those selling for less. Fact is, he may find himself out of the Stude Parts Biz right quick.
                          All that aside, these parts don't just appear out of thin air when someone places an order. They have to be stored - stored in good, weathertight, vermin-proof storage - sometimes for DECADES before being called to service. That's MONEY - plain and simple.
                          As Rich alludes, there's the rare chance a vendor might stumble upon a little cache of NOS parts that someone's had in their garage for years and amongst the stuff (most of which will be mundane) there'll be one or two PRIZE pieces - the likes of which have been NLA for decades! A good example is the Packard wagon emblems we've seen of late.
                          Stuff like that - the sky's the limit! But stuff like those bushings - someone charging well above the rest, they're gonna have a fat stock of bushings to hold onto for a long time.
                          Another aspect that's often overlooked by relative newbies is freshness of stock. Since we're talking bushings here - would you rather have say - 10-year old bushings (remember, they're made with rubber!) or NOS ones (some 40-50 years of age)? Same with NORS fuel pumps and water pumps. Would you rather have a pump that was rebuilt 40 years ago and has been sitting in who knows WHAT kind of storage all along, or one that's new or freshly rebuilt? NOS SOUNDS NICE - but with 40, 50 maybe even 60 years of age to it? And heck - it might come really nicely priced since all it's done is sit or change hands thru the years! But what's it really worth if it's gonna quit after a 100 miles??? Seems I've heard an old line to go by a time or two - something about getting what you pay for.[:I]

Miscreant adrift in
                          the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
                          1960 Larkvertible V8
                          1958 Provincial wagon
                          1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

I thought it would be easy to get a rise out of you guys....

Frank Starr
                            Seattle

Comment

I thought it would be easy to get a rise out of you guys....

Frank Starr
                              Seattle

Comment

Working...
                              X