Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who ended up with the Templates collection?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who ended up with the Templates collection?

See the title, self explanatory.

The Museum.
    Paul
    Winston-Salem, NC
    Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Is it going to be on-line any time soon?- Jim

Comment

http://studebakerdriversclub.com/Stu...rtemplates.asp

Comment

That is a Huge list, it looks like it needs a LOT more research and fine tuning.

There are WAY Too many Applications with: "ALL" or No Info, all Accessories have a Beginning and End Year and Model Application.
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I started this maybe 20+ years ago in my TW Almanac column with those in my personal collection. It has grown from that. I still have all of mine. Will assist if I can
            Richard Quinn
            Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

You can probably contact Andrew about helping to clean it up.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                That is a Huge list, it looks like it needs a LOT more research and fine tuning.

There are WAY Too many Applications with: "ALL" or No Info, all Accessories have a Beginning and End Year and Model Application.
                I understand what you are saying Rich........however, in my opinion the list of available templates should not be used to determine what accessory is "correct" for a specific car. The Parts Manuals and various Studebaker literature should be used for that -- resources that are already available.
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

I am thinking that the SNM should be paying a royalty to SDC for every time that someone buys a copy of one, like they do for the production orders.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

These have always been available to SDC members pretty much for the cost of printing and mailing. Now being distributed by the Museum, they are available to non-SDC members.
                    I see no indication of a fee schedule for members or non-members.
                    "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                    sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      I am thinking that the SNM should be paying a royalty to SDC for every time that someone buys a copy of one, like they do for the production orders.
                      Definately, ...Amen!
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I'll be sending in an order shortly.

Comment

Did the SDC negotiate a cut of SNM sales of the templates upfront, as apparently Geoff Newman did with the SNM for production orders? What was the criteria discussed prior to the templates being donated?
                          Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          (formerly Greenville, PA)
                          Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                          Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                          1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                          1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                          All are in Australia now

Comment

well I don't see the one I need. I need a template for the stainless on the side of a Transtar.

Comment

Originally posted by Studebaker Wheel View Post
                              I started this maybe 20+ years ago in my TW Almanac column with those in my personal collection. It has grown from that. I still have all of mine. Will assist if I can
                              I see on that list there is a template for Trippe driving lights. Were they actually offered by Studebaker themselves, or 'aftermarket' as stated in post #4 here: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...y-12-16-Prewar

Craig

Comment

Working...
                              X