Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where would be the best place to find a 1958 sedan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would be the best place to find a 1958 sedan?

I have a weird love for 1958 Champion-Commander-President sedans because, in my mind, they are Virgil Exner meets Studebaker (thereby creating an intriguing study into design). Point is, where would be the best place to find and purchase one once I am ready? I am willing to be realistic as these things aren't exactly common but I have my hopes anyway.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9994E2D3-E62C-429A-8535-596BF3F06A23.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.9 KB
ID:	1756351
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 01-03-2018, 06:10 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Well, I think you've just cranked up the SDC Locator Service. I'll be watching ol' salty Michigan for one! Actually, there was a really nice '58 sedan in southwest Michigan up for grabs last year for $2900! So, you never know..

Comment

Oh, my....

Comment

Ya, I know it's the Packard, but hey!

Comment

Originally posted by drpreposterous View Post
          Oh, my....
          OH MY is right! That 58 Packard does look tempting!
          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Is there an SDC member in N. Wisconsin for a scouting report?

Comment

That Packard is way overpriced. Needs a ton of work

Comment

Wow! It may be over priced, but it certainly could become a really cool ride. I am glad I do not live anywhere near the location.
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Try to locate a time-travel device in good working order, set it to go back to the fall of 1957, find a local Studie dealer, and you'll have your pick!
                  peter lee

Comment

Mine was found about a decade ago, in a barn in the middle of a pecan orchard in rural south Georgia, where it'd been sitting for 35 years. We dragged it home, got it going, and I drove the snot out of it as a daily driver. In 2011 I sold it to a kid in North Carolina who still owns it. I think I had more fun in that car than any other I've owned.

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                      Mine was found about a decade ago, in a barn in the middle of a pecan orchard in rural south Georgia, where it'd been sitting for 35 years. We dragged it home, got it going, and I drove the snot out of it as a daily driver. In 2011 I sold it to a kid in North Carolina who still owns it. I think I had more fun in that car than any other I've owned.
                      Nice to hear more about that 58 sedan that brought you into the Studebaker world, mbstude!

Comment

There was a decent '58 Packard here in the Spokane area a while back. Rest assured, I will not be bidding against you for it.

jack vines
                        PackardV8

Comment

Originally posted by PackardV8 View Post
                          ... Rest assured, I will not be bidding against you for it.

jack vines
                          That makes two of us. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The side view in post #10 looks like a South American design studio merged a '57 Plymouth front end with a '57 Chevy back end. But I too have an inkling for the odd car so I guess we all get a "pass" from time to time.
                          '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Having been privileged to drive Steve and Kathy Porter's sharp '58 Commander 4dr on a number of occasions, I can certainly confirm they're a very nice old ride indeed, and you won't regret getting yourself one...good hunting! Incidentally there was a Plymouth in the Stude studio for study during the period in question...they definitely were going for the Mopar look.

S.

Comment

1958 Commander Sedan on eBay

Here you go --

Bill Jackameit
                              1964 Challenger Wagonaire
                              1964 Daytona Sedan
                              Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
                              Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
                              https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X