No announcement yet.

Neat old home movies from the thirties!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neat old home movies from the thirties!

George's parents used to love going to the auctions. Often they bought boxes of items without knowing the entire contents just to get one item in the box.

On one occasion, they bought a box to get a 1920s or possibly '30s 8mm projector. Included in the box were numerous old home movie reels. In several of these were shots of what I think is an old Rockne sedan towing a tent trailer. Several of the scenes in the film show it fording, amoung others, the Eel river. the water is past the bumpers. I wish I knew how to transfer these films to the PC, but I don't. I thought you guys might get a big kick out of seeing that old sedan pulling a very old (well, probably pretty new at the time) RV. There are numerous other old cars in the film. Most are late twenties and early thirties vintage. Just one of those really neat peeks into the past.

The films have been transferred onto VHS by George's parents. Perhaps I'll figure a way to interface the VHS player with the PC.

Oh, I almost forgot! There was also footage of a couple of car races. Old dirt-track stuff with those torpedo shaped cars of the thirties. Exciting stuff! Looks like loads of fun!

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

I'm sure someone (or some business) can transfer VHS to a CD.

Chris Pile
    StudeFolk Manager
    http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I'm sure someone (or some business) can transfer VHS to a CD.

Chris Pile
      StudeFolk Manager
      http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
      The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/2ngwt8

There ya go.
        Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/2ngwt8

There ya go.
          Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Try taking a digital photo of it while it is playing on your TV. Do not use the flash and sometimes it works.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
            58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
            58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
            62 Daytona (White)
            63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Try taking a digital photo of it while it is playing on your TV. Do not use the flash and sometimes it works.

58 Packard Wgn (Parade Red)
              58 Packard Wgn (Park Green)
              58 Packard Sdn (Shadowtone Red)
              62 Daytona (White)
              63 R2 Lark (Super Red)

Comment

Somewhere I have an 8mm home movie taken out of the window of an airplane as we were coming into the airport in Omaha. My dad took the picture and in it is my grandfather coming to pick us up in his '52 Studebaker. I need to find that and put it on a CD or something.

Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser
                Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                Eastern North Carolina Chapter
                Joe Roberts
                '61 R1 Champ
                '65 Cruiser

Comment

Somewhere I have an 8mm home movie taken out of the window of an airplane as we were coming into the airport in Omaha. My dad took the picture and in it is my grandfather coming to pick us up in his '52 Studebaker. I need to find that and put it on a CD or something.

Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Editor of "The Down Easterner"
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser

Comment

My father had quite a few interesting 8mm movies that he took. These included; the King & Queen of England in Dutchess County, NY (1939?), the World's Fair (1939) and Washington,DC (including from the top of the Washington Monument). Some other commercial 8mm that he had were Disney's "The Three Little Bears"(or something close to that) and "Steamboat Willie" (early or first Mickey Mouse). I believe they were were all with the projector and sold in his estate auction in 2006.

Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

My father had quite a few interesting 8mm movies that he took. These included; the King & Queen of England in Dutchess County, NY (1939?), the World's Fair (1939) and Washington,DC (including from the top of the Washington Monument). Some other commercial 8mm that he had were Disney's "The Three Little Bears"(or something close to that) and "Steamboat Willie" (early or first Mickey Mouse). I believe they were were all with the projector and sold in his estate auction in 2006.

Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Working...
                      X