Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop Quiz: January 2018 Turning Wheels cover

We haven't had a Pop Quiz with an award for awhile , so here goes:

On the cover of the January 2018 Turning Wheels is a common household /shop item the likes of which I don't think we've ever had on a Turning Wheels front cover.

What is it?

The first person to post the correct answer wins an uncirculated NOS 1964 Studebaker full-line brochure #PD 64 11, postpaid to the winner's home. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

A broom, Bob!
    sigpic
    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Would that be the push broom against the wall to the right?
      John Clary
      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
        A broom, Bob!

BINGO!

I happened to see that and thought, "When have we had a broom on the cover of Turning Wheels?"

Is your address still on 170th Street in Milaca, Brent, as in the most recent SDC Roster? BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Gotta have something to sweep up ALL THAT RUBBER the PBW omits

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
          BINGO!

I happened to see that and thought, "When have we had a broom on the cover of Turning Wheels?"

Is your address still on 170th Street in Milaca, Brent, as in the most recent SDC Roster? BP
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

BINGO!

That is correct Bob. Thank you very much!
            sigpic

Comment

That is correct Bob. Thank you very much!
              Cool beans, Brent. It will be mailed tomorrow (Wednesday, January 3). BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                Would that be the push broom against the wall to the right?
                Yep, John, but you can see that Brent's answer was posted first. It is unusual that both your post and his are time-stamped exactly the same: 12:36 AM. Usually, there is a minute or two difference in posts made about the same time.

Thanks for weighing in. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

As many times as we've seen that piece of real estate on the TW cover I find it hard to believe we've never seen a broom there before.
                  Interesting.

StudeDave '57
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                    As many times as we've seen that piece of real estate on the TW cover I find it hard to believe we've never seen a broom there before. Interesting. StudeDave '57
                    Dave, you're right. I went back and looked at some older ones and even the first Pure Stock Muscle Car Drag Race cover (January 1999) has a broom in it! BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Yep, John, but you can see that Brent's answer was posted first. It is unusual that both your post and his are time-stamped exactly the same: 12:36 AM. Usually, there is a minute or two difference in posts made about the same time.

Thanks for weighing in. BP
                      Congratulations Brent...How appropriate that the subject showing a picture of a DRAG RACER blasting off the line would come down to "split second reflexes"!!!
                      John Clary
                      Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Originally posted by jclary View Post
                        Congratulations Brent...How appropriate that the subject showing a picture of a DRAG RACER blasting off the line would come down to "split second reflexes"!!!
                        Thanks John, but it wasn't split second reflexes that nabbed the victory, but rather replying with a much shorter answer!
                        sigpic

Comment

I found it in my mailbox Friday in perfect condition. Looks great Bob, thanks!
                          sigpic

Comment

I found it in my mailbox Friday in perfect condition. Looks great Bob, thanks!
                            You're welcome, Brent. Thanks for the confirmation of its safe arrival. BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

I still don't have my January issue :-(
                              Ron Dame
                              '63 Champ

Comment

Working...
                              X