No announcement yet.

Glow in the Dark Gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, the first thing I did is plug the bulb in and see if they glowed, but even after an hour they just no longer glow like they used to. The same holds true for my other Studebakers from 49 through 52. When I bought my 50 Champion 4 years ago it had the same problem, but it did improve some after being in the sunlight for a couple days. If the sun ever shines again in Minnesota, I'll set it outside for a day to see if it helps. When I shine my free Harbor Freight LED flashlight on them from the front, they light up nice for a few seconds, and that's why I'm going to continue experimenting with them to see what works best to at least be able to read them at night.

Comment

I was able to find my UV flashlight ( its getting harder to find things with all of the STUFF that i have accumulated ) but i went out to the car to try it out to see what the dash would look like with UV bulbs . as you can see there is quite a difference . Now lets see if i can get these photos to post Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7644.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1720202Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7650.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.2 KB
ID:	1720203
      Attached Files

Comment

Lets see 2 photos with attached thumbnail and the sentence dissected by the2 photos , well i guess i am no rocket scientist .... at least i was able to get the photos to post
        Blake

Comment

That looks really nice. Remove the surrounding light outside the gauges, and that just how my gauges lit up back in 1970.

Comment

Great, although it's what I have been saying all along, it took pics to confirm that it does indeed, work like a charm, to use ultra-violet lighting.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

I drove my recently purchased 50 Land Cruiser tonight, and was pleasantly surprised at how well the gauges lit up. It was just about as nice as I remember my 50 Commander gauges and 52 Land Cruiser gauges back in the mid 70's. I have an NOS speedometer and good amp and oil gauges to replace the bad looking ones in the car, but it's nice to know they will be well lit.

Comment

I have some powder pearl for custom painting use that some company was selling out of WA State. It glows in the dark.

Comment

Working...
                X