Studebaker brother's passing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker brother's passing.

Most of us know there were 5 brothers associated with the Studebaker carriage makers that started back in 1852. In 1887 the secretary of the Studebaker Bros Mfg Co, Jacob F Studebaker died in Chicago at just 42 years of age of peritonitis.
    The attached image shows his bereavement notice accompanied by the sympathy cards of three of his brothers, Clem, Peter & J M Studebaker all edged in black. J M was the only one that lived to see the transition to automobiles from those early horse drawn means of transport.Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03473.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	1756316

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
    MELBOURNE.

Well then, that's certainly an interesting piece of history. Makes one wonder what would happen if Jacob Studebaker lived longer. Would Studebaker Corp. gone in a different direction than what we know now? I suppose we will never know...

On another note are you familiar with the venture that Studebaker had with Garford and later E-M-F? It makes for an interesting tale!
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Working...
    X