Packard or Stude Grille Bar ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard or Stude Grille Bar ??

I found this grille bar and I am not sure what it fits. Perhaps someone would be able to ID it. It had a Packard tag on it with part nbr. 391216. As it came with a bunch of Stude parts it may also be from an early Stude.

Any help would be appreciated. Don't want to throw it out if would be useful. Can easily be rechromed, but has one some crack.

Thanks

T-cab

Click image for larger version

Name:	packard Grille bar.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	1756281

Bruce, I don't propose to know that part's application, but would like to know how you posted the photo.

I see the Photobucket extortionist warning in your post, so I assume it was not posted via Photobucket.

I'm also in the Photobucket black hole (or is it green?) and am trying to decide what to do and still be able to post photos to the forum.

Thanks. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

It LOOKS more like Stainless Steel, thinner than cast pot metal and not needing re-plating.
      If that is it's true Part Number, it would not be a South Bend Packard Part, but Detroit.

Several Members just need to DELETE that HUGE Photobucket Photo from their Signature.
      Photos from a computer work Great.
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
        It LOOKS more like Stainless Steel, thinner than cast pot metal and not needing re-plating.
        If that is it's true Part Number, it would not be a South Bend Packard Part, but Detroit.

Several Members just need to DELETE that HUGE Photobucket Photo from their Signature.
        Photos from a computer work Great.
        I have tried to add a photo to my profile but have had no luck. I don't want to pay high photobucket fees as I never use it. The photo was added by using the "insert image from the header bars. (centre row, 4th grouping)

T-cab

Comment

Fits 1948-49, and some '50 models.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Pack.grill.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	130.5 KB
ID:	1717627
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Hi

You have the bar in the lower grille of the 22nd Series Packard. To offer it to Packard folks, sign onto PackardInfo.com which has a Parts For Sale section. Sign up is free and you can post photos, the guidelines for posting are in the FAQ threads. If the potmetal is still reasonably unpitted, likely someone will want it. Good luck.

Steve

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yes there was an "L" in front of the numbers.

I'll try the Packard site. Don't want to throw it out if there is anyone who wants it free - just pay for shipping.

T-Cab

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                I'm also in the Photobucket black hole (or is it green?) and am trying to decide what to do and still be able to post photos to the forum.
                Bob, I am very slowly copying my Photobucket content to a dedicated flash drive, so it won't fill my C drive. I've been doing this just as I find need to share a particular photo, unless I have time to kill with nothing else to do.
                Of course this still prevents the possibility of sharing a pic on "Stove Huggers" but, for that I can usually find an existing pic on the net and insert it as a link.
                I should probably set up an Imgur account and start from scratch, and only transfer photos as needed. But for now, a copy and paste to the flash drive is a snap.
                I'm finding there are a lot of photos I have on Photobucket that really needed winnowed anyway.

Curiously, I'm pretty certain I set my signature photos from Photobucket years ago, and notice they have not been affected as others have. I notice your screen name photo still shows up as well.

And, now that we've sufficiently hijacked the thread..., apologies to Bruce.
                Last edited by rockne10; 12-24-2017, 11:48 AM. Reason: levity insertion
                Brad Johnson,
                SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
                Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
                '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
                '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

Working...
                X