Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebakercenteroforegon
    replied
    For over a year someone has had an ad on Portland (Oregon) craigslist for a pair of ‘55 Speedster project cars, possibly overpriced at $3500.00 for the pair. With the above damaged car, maybe you could make 2 out of the 3 of them.https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/...435310546.html
    Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 12-25-2017, 04:31 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bensherb
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Go for it, Ed! You da' man! BP

No kidding, looks ,like a killer deal for parts, the shipping cost makes it a bust out here.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by ed ellis View Post
    I have a rust free California K body next door in Maryland. VERY TEMPTING!
    Go for it, Ed! You da' man! BP

Leave a comment:

• ed ellis
    replied
    I have a rust free California K body next door in Maryland. VERY TEMPTING!

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    Maybe the car is only worth $2K as Jim says, but I respectfully disagree on the value of the individual parts. The show quality front grille pieces are going for $1500>, the remaining small chrome pieces (some of which are virtually unobtainable) should be worth more then $1K, the seats and leather upholstery should be worth $3-4K, then there is the chassis and running gear. In the 70's, when I restored my Speedster, I would have been overjoyed to find something like this. I think that the value really depends on whether one has a dedicated Speedster project.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Notice that it is not technically up for bid yet. It is listed for a "future sale". I guess this is to develop interest.

Leave a comment:

• jpepper
    replied
    The engine and I assume, the driveline appears untouched. The rear end housing and axles might be tweaked a little. The car is probably worth 2K in parts. There does not appear to be much bondo in the body panels telling me that this might be a rust free tub. The floorpan might be very useful to someone building a "K" body. What a shame.

Leave a comment:

• DougHolverson
    replied
    Makes me sad just looking at it.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Hallabutt View Post
    Thanks for posting this! I hope that there is at least one person out there who has one of these, and who has seriously considered restoring it. There is a good $8-10K, in restored parts, and all in one place. So it's not only expensive parts, but the time involved in finding, and restoring them.

I wonder if the car is known to the keeper of the Speedster roster. Can information from the ID's be gotten? There's a story here and I would like to know more.
    You're welcome. I wouldn't have known about it except it was forwarded to me by SDCer Pekka Polvinen in Finland, of all things!

You're so right about the parts value, Bill. Geeze, the current bid on the car is only $275! BP

Leave a comment:

• Hallabutt
    replied
    Thanks for posting this! I hope that there is at least one person out there who has one of these, and who has seriously considered restoring it. There is a good $8-10K, in restored parts, and all in one place. So it's not only expensive parts, but the time involved in finding, and restoring them.

I wonder if the car is known to the keeper of the Speedster roster. Can information from the ID's be gotten? There's a story here and I would like to know more.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Though if this did happen while on a Trailer/Carrier, may have been in another State when damaged ?

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    We seldom get those in Pennsylvania, where this Speedster is located.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    Originally posted by Corley View Post
    Tornados can cause some pretty weird damage too... Could be that...
    We seldom get those in Pennsylvania, where this Speedster is located.

Leave a comment:

• GrumpyOne
    replied
    I've seen roll over accidents that had very similar damage...

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Corley View Post
    That's a good point, Corley. BP

Leave a comment:

• Corley
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X