Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64studeavanti
    replied
    Got mine today. South of Tampa. At least it's still December.

Leave a comment:

• R3 challenger
    replied
    This is ridiculous: I live in the middle of Nebraska, which is right next to the middle of nowhere, and I got my January issue on Wednesday, December 20th. Must be something to do with Interstate 80 being the Main Street of America. I do see USPS, Fed-Ex, UPS, and other delivery service trucks on I-80 frequently.

I was in the pit area of the Pure Stock Drags minding my own business, when the photographer came up to me and offered the photo which is on the January cover of TW. I have many photos of the Wrapper, but this one looked really good: Sharp, clear, dramatic, so I dug up the requested $20 and bought it. Putting it on the cover was not my idea, but I really appreciate Bob and Ann thinking it was the right cover photo for the Pure Stock Drags article. Thanks, guys.

BTW, on the shootout run when the blower-to-pressure box hose burst, the noise was so loud, people in the stands heard it. Not knowing what was wrong, Ted let off, but judging from the 60' and 330' times on that run, the Wrapper may have posted a time in the mid-12s if the hose had held. Ted always drives the car a little harder in the shootouts, so you can't judge how fast it is from the previous runs.

Finally, notice the car leaning toward the left, under torque from the engine as Ted did a burnout. And while the sign behind and above the Wrapper is not easy to read, if you could see the whole thing, you would read "More Power". Appropriate for the drags!

George

Leave a comment:

• 64studeavanti
    replied
    Not here yet, just south of Tampa.

Leave a comment:

• njonkman
    replied
    Got my Dec. a couple of days ago in Ont. Canada

Leave a comment:

• Bill Pressler
    replied
    Originally posted by FlatheadGeo View Post
    Cheer up, Gary. I still haven't received my copy in Staten Island.
    I have not received mine in northeast Ohio.

Leave a comment:

• FlatheadGeo
    replied
    Cheer up, Gary. I still haven't received my copy in Staten Island.

Leave a comment:

• stude dude
    replied
    Just saw a photo of the cover on Facebook and the new format looks great.

Leave a comment:

• Dave Bates
    replied
    Love the new format.Great job!

Leave a comment:

• showbizkid
    replied
    Got my issue yesterday and unwrapped it this morning. FANTASTIC job! My graphic designer son and I pored over it and noted all the improvements - all color, upgraded paper stock, perfect-bound spine... this list goes on.

Kudos to Ann and the rest of the Board for upgrading our already awesome publication!

Leave a comment:

• greyben
    replied
    Classy!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Avantidon
    replied
    Gary, the USPS Regional sort centers are the problem. Some treat media mail differently than others. Each has five days to process that mail and some just take their good ole time using all five days. Based on your location, you should have TW by now. Sorry Albany is so slow.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by paul shuffleburg View Post
    Received mine Dec. 22nd, earliest ever. It's different and will take some getting used
    to, but being in full color will make it easier. studegary, the USPS truck must drive straight
    through New York to get to us in New England. Maybe they will drop off your mail on the
    way back through.
    Maybe you are correct, Paul. My mail main distribution point is Albany, NY, not NYC or Westchester County (both closer). It is discouraging to see that TW has been delivered all across the country and I still do not have mine. Even if I receive it after Christmas, that is okay. I just don't like to be last in the US by several days.

Leave a comment:

• paul shuffleburg
    replied
    Received mine Dec. 22nd, earliest ever. It's different and will take some getting used
    to, but being in full color will make it easier. studegary, the USPS truck must drive straight
    through New York to get to us in New England. Maybe they will drop off your mail on the
    way back through.

Leave a comment:

• rusty65
    replied
    I got mine yesterday (Friday).I'm not going to look at it until next week because things are going to be real slow at work!
    I was also surprised to receive it this early.Kind of like a Christmas miracle,lol!!

Leave a comment:

• Mark L
    replied
    I received mine today as well, also in WA. Considering the volume of mail and packages the USPS is currently processing, I was surprised I received it so early (about a week or so earlier than "normal").

Leave a comment:

Working...
X