No announcement yet.

Interesting Christmas Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So the morning is here- current weather is -22(-8 f) with 15 mph west wind- wind chill is -30 (-21f) . We had a snowstorm here last night, so road conditions are not great in some places. Will try and post a pic or two as I go.
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

I wish you the best of luck. I used to drive a 62 Lark V8 in sub zero weather, without a problem. It would start in the cold better than most of my other vehicles, and the heater/defrost seemed adequate.

Comment

Albeit not nearly as cold, but I have taken my '55 President out recently here in Oregon with temps in the 20s. She fires right up and the heater does a fine job. My guess is you will be just fine, Evan. That looks like a great car.
        Ed Sallia
        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Made it home safe and sound. Car never missed a beat, was cool inside but I didn’t need any extra clothes or blankets. Pushed into a strong cold wind and the temp dropped steadily all day, but made it home with no troubles.
          Evan Davis
          Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

Originally posted by fargoguy View Post
            Made it home safe and sound. Car never missed a beat, was cool inside but I didn’t need any extra clothes or blankets. Pushed into a strong cold wind and the temp dropped steadily all day, but made it home with no troubles.
            'Way cool, Evan; thanks for the good report. Did you see any other 1956 Studes on the road? (I make a little joke.) BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
            X