No announcement yet.

Who was looking for a 64 4 door Daytona??? Here's the deal of the year for you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who was looking for a 64 4 door Daytona??? Here's the deal of the year for you

Again, not mine, but how do you go wrong with this as a starting point? Just make it a Daytona and you're off to the races.
    sals54

A very good looking Commander for the money!
    I always wonder if a Stude. advertised as a Manual 3 Speed is really an Overdrive, it seems about half of the sellers do know or mention the Overdrive, even though it is there!

I see what looks like a aftermarket round "Handle" of some sort under the Dash on Left side of the steering wheel, which may be a replacement cable and Handle for O.D. If it does have it, it would certainly make a GREAT Driver, WAY better than a straight 3 Speed.

Here is that Post wanting a '64 4 Door Daytona, toss in some Carpeting and 2 Nameplates and you (almost) get the Car they Never built!:

Last edited by StudeRich; 12-13-2017, 04:43 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I agree. This car looks like a steal for the money. Someone should grab this.

Comment

If it were a 66 Cruiser with A/C I'd buy it.....
        Lou Van Anne
        62 Champ
        64 R2 GT Hawk
        79 Avanti II

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Van Anne View Post
          If it were a 66 Cruiser with A/C I'd buy it.....
          For $1800 asking price, you could make it a Cruiser w AC and still be ahead on money. Just don't tell anyone you changed the badges.
          sals54

Comment

The front fenders look like they came off a '64 or '65 model based on the trapezoidal "8"emblems and missing front side trim piece -- could be it had a front end accident or rusty original fender replacement from another car. But yes -- it appears to be a very nice car for the asking price.
            Bill Jackameit
            1964 Challenger Wagonaire
            1964 Daytona Sedan
            Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
            Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
            https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

You are right Bill, here is how the Body side should look Minus the Wheels:
              Click image for larger version

Name:	1966 Commander 4DR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	1717549 I did notice that the Front bumper Guards on the subject Car are not in the Factory correct outboard location also.

Click image for larger version

Name:	66 Commander 4 Door Wht.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1717550 They are in the '64 & '65 Location, so the bumper and whole front clip except Grille, could be from a '64 or '65 not that it really matters.
              Last edited by StudeRich; 12-13-2017, 07:39 PM.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner
              SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                You are right Bill, here is how the Body side should look Minus the Wheels:
                I did notice that the Front bumper Guards on the subject Car are not in the Factory correct outboard location also.

They are in the '64 & '65 Location, so the bumper and whole front clip except Grille, could be from a '64 or '65 not that it really matters.
                Looks like a '63 or earlier front bumper too. It doesn't wrap around. Looks like a nice car though.

Comment

Well worth the money. For someone on the east coast you could fly out and drive it back.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                    Well worth the money. For someone on the east coast you could fly out and drive it back.
                    When you figure everything in, flying out and driving it usually costs more than having it shipped (I know - the experience, etc. I have had plenty of that.).
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                      When you figure everything in, flying out and driving it usually costs more than having it shipped (I know - the experience, etc. I have had plenty of that.).
                      Agreed. I once bought a car that came with a free flight to come get it. In my case I trailered the car ($240 for the U-Haul truck trailer) and back in 2007 I was paying $4.25 a gallon for gas. All together is was around $400 to move the car 400 miles - with a free flight.

Say today you have a $2.75 a gallon gas cost (FYI, it is $3.15 here in So. Cal. right now) and are going 2,500 miles getting 15MPG. You still have a $460 gas bill and that doesn't include air fare ($300+) and transport to the car from the airport ($50). There is lodging, 3 days, $75 a night ($225) and extra meal costs ($80). You are over $1100 right there. And then..., if this 51 year old car breaks down on the way back ... ? And right now..., in the winter ... ?

The only caveat to shipping is getting a decent company for a good price. I've heard horror stories where the car is on/off multiple transports and then when they claim it wouldn't start they charge $150 - per incident. Also heard stories where the car only gets so far (the on/off the transport part) and then the remaining money left to bring it the rest of the way - no carrier will take the car. Then it sits in some remote yard gathering storage fees. So, while I'm CASO through and through this is one area you don't want to suffer the consequences of being cheap. Do your homework. Read the contract. Ask questions.
                      '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

Good price indeed. As has been said here a few times, for the cost of the car it could be changed into a Cruiser or whatever and still be ahead of the game.
                        Joe Roberts
                        '61 R1 Champ
                        '65 Cruiser
                        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Sal 54 How about doing us all a favor and go check this car over good and drive it. Then give us your feed back on what you find and a feel about how honest the seller seems to be. Steve. Reason I'am saying this is it almost seems to good to be true.

Comment

I like that car. Looks like a really good deal for someone close to it.

Comment

Working...
                            X