Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ah the dreamers of the world..................

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ah the dreamers of the world..................

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1963-Studeb...RaLV~e&vxp=mtr

  • #2
    Why do you say he's a dreamer?
    A '63 Avanti with 22,265.7 miles.
    And what looks like a full restoration.
    It's not up for auction. Just a buy it now price of $48,000.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

    Comment


    • #3
      I agree with Jerry F. When and where will you ever find another Avanti this good? Worth every penny.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
        Why do you say he's a dreamer?
        A '63 Avanti with 22,265.7 miles.
        And what looks like a full restoration.
        It's not up for auction. Just a buy it now price of $48,000.
        Every seller on eBay has an option where you can "see other items"...When I'm looking at cars for sale, I often check out the seller's other items just to get an idea of what kind of seller I'm looking at. This guy is apparently in the "collector car" business. Has some pretty darn good cars for sale. Unlike many, this person gives an opportunity to "make an offer," which is a clear sign that he is willing to deal/negotiate. With a 100% rating, I would say he is an honest dealer until proven otherwise.
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

        SDC member since 1975

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah... fraid to say, but in the current climate, this buy it now price may turn out to be a good deal for a collector speculating on the rise of Avanti prices over the last few years. This could prove to be a nice payout in just a couple of years. Some very nice examples, albeit R2s, have brought very large sale prices at auction. This one, being an R1 4 speed, is looking very much like a bargain come 2019. Besides all that, it's a gorgeous example of an R1 4speed. You would be hard pressed to buy an R1 and restore it to this level for much less than the asking price. And here, all you have to do is get in and drive. And you just might be able to drive it away for much closer to $40K.
          sals54

          Comment


          • #6
            These kind of offerings really make you wonder, How it is that a 22,000 Mile Car would need all the Upholstery ripped out and replaced with Leather (if it IS) plus all the Interior Trim Panels on the Dash, Console etc. re-painted or re-covered in flat Black ruining the Original Finish, and a "Restoration" done to everything probably including Paint?

            Sure I understand that it's 54 Years old, but what kind of care would it have to have had to destroy EVERYTHING, probably including the Engine in only 22,000 Miles?
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

            Comment


            • #7
              My dear cugine!!....I guess there must be lots of well heeled folks with pockets full of "scarole" out there! If this car actually brings 48K, then my R-1 4speed with a/c can't be far behind in "scarole" realized....especially one owned since 1966:-) Ciao!
              Originally posted by sals54 View Post
              Yeah... fraid to say, but in the current climate, this buy it now price may turn out to be a good deal for a collector speculating on the rise of Avanti prices over the last few years. This could prove to be a nice payout in just a couple of years. Some very nice examples, albeit R2s, have brought very large sale prices at auction. This one, being an R1 4 speed, is looking very much like a bargain come 2019. Besides all that, it's a gorgeous example of an R1 4speed. You would be hard pressed to buy an R1 and restore it to this level for much less than the asking price. And here, all you have to do is get in and drive. And you just might be able to drive it away for much closer to $40K.

              Comment


              • #8
                The same thought provoking question(s) entered my mind......for that kind of cash I expect a car to be a veritable "time capsule" with almost like new everything.
                Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                These kind of offerings really make you wonder, How it is that a 22,000 Mile Car would need all the Upholstery ripped out and replaced with Leather (if it IS) plus all the Interior Trim Panels on the Dash, Console etc. re-painted or re-covered in flat Black ruining the Original Finish, and a "Restoration" done to everything probably including Paint?

                Sure I understand that it's 54 Years old, but what kind of care would it have to have had to destroy EVERYTHING, probably including the Engine in only 22,000 Miles?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                  These kind of offerings really make you wonder, How it is that a 22,000 Mile Car would need all the Upholstery ripped out and replaced with Leather (if it IS) plus all the Interior Trim Panels on the Dash, Console etc. re-painted or re-covered in flat Black ruining the Original Finish, and a "Restoration" done to everything probably including Paint?

                  Sure I understand that it's 54 Years old, but what kind of care would it have to have had to destroy EVERYTHING, probably including the Engine in only 22,000 Miles?
                  Didn't the Avanti have a pull down part in the middle of the back seat?
                  I'm sure the side panels in the back seat were never screwed on either.
                  Yeah, leather...sure...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    "cugine", "scarole", "Ciao"! ???????????
                    Have you forgotten that the last I checked,
                    this is still the United States of America, and our Language is English!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Sal IMHO, those that collect cars strictly to speculate, seriously damage the hobby with escalating prices, often shutting out those who would want the same car to purchase, hold, and enjoy for a good number of years....yes I realize many variables can be in play here, but just how I personally feel.
                      Originally posted by sals54 View Post
                      Yeah... fraid to say, but in the current climate, this buy it now price may turn out to be a good deal for a collector speculating on the rise of Avanti prices over the last few years. This could prove to be a nice payout in just a couple of years. Some very nice examples, albeit R2s, have brought very large sale prices at auction. This one, being an R1 4 speed, is looking very much like a bargain come 2019. Besides all that, it's a gorgeous example of an R1 4speed. You would be hard pressed to buy an R1 and restore it to this level for much less than the asking price. And here, all you have to do is get in and drive. And you just might be able to drive it away for much closer to $40K.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by harry View Post
                        Didn't the Avanti have a pull down part in the middle of the back seat?
                        I'm sure the side panels in the back seat were never screwed on either.
                        Yeah, leather...sure...
                        On second glance I see that opening in the package tray.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Rich, Sal and I are from the same 'hood in Brooklyn, NY........populated with a majority of Italians.....and utilizing slang, we used in our youth brings warm memories and smiles, but yes I have to say you make a honest point.
                          Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                          "cugine", "scarole", "Ciao"! ???????????
                          Have you forgotten that the last I checked,
                          this is still the United States of America, and our Language is English!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            OK, I get it, that was just a personal message that should have been in a PM.
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                              OK, I get it, that was just a personal message that should have been in a PM.
                              Well, I must say, never ever having been to Brooklyn, I have no idea what he was saying either. Of course I'm just a dumb ole southern boy, born and raised in the great state of Aladambama. And educated in their government schools. At least I have an excuse.
                              Last edited by Jerry Forrester; 12-11-2017, 04:26 PM.
                              Jerry Forrester
                              Forrester's Chrome
                              Douglasville, Georgia

                              See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X