Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A '55 for $ale , a new high ( to me anyway )

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A '55 for $ale , a new high ( to me anyway )

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1955-Studeb...pZ7-BO&vxp=mtr

I wonder if he'll take Bitcoins.....
    Last edited by shifter4; 12-10-2017, 07:19 AM.
    Bill H
    Daytona Beach
    SDC member since 1970
    Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

This car has been featured at SDC meets and even pictured in Turning Wheels, as I remember.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I sure like the way they did the interior.

Comment

The car is good enough to stand out anywhere; the somewhat florid copywriting does it no favors.

The build is unique due to very few full custom Studebaker's that have been presented to market. This car will trade as the equal to like finished examples of its contemporary peers such the Tri-Five Chevy's ('55, '56, '57) and the like. The vehicle as inspected is in a condition, quality and features that makes this an attractive car in the marketplace if ever presented for sale.
        That there have been very few custom Studes must come as a surprise to the several of us here who've built and sold them over the years and seen dozens more.

jack vines
        Last edited by PackardV8; 12-10-2017, 08:47 AM.
        PackardV8

Comment

Easily the best way to customize a -55 front & still keeping the top shape, in my opinion!
          So if I don't find a 53-54 Studebaker sedan front or 55-56 Dodge front I might actually more or less copy that one...
          sigpic

Josephine
          Champion V8
          4d sedan

Comment

That kind of money on a Stude frame...naa..!

Mike

Comment

For that kind of money you'd think they could have tucked the exhaust pipes up better. The way I drive, I see something getting caught. I'll give 'em ten bucks a cubic inch and let that short coming slide.

Comment

The exhaust doesn't look like it was installed for street driving. Look how much lower it is than the differential.

I have sold several restomod Studebakers for a small fraction of what they want and all of the ones that I had at least had a sub-frame swap.

I suggest/recommend that they utilize an auction format with a low starting bid and they will find out what the market values it at. I would bid on it, but not at that price.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

When I posted this this morning , The opening bid required was $65,000 , but the
                  Buy It Now price was $ 894,900.00 .
                  That is why I was overwhelmed .

Now it has been corrected to $85,900.00 , and , I see that 1 bid has appeared , at $65,000 .

Good luck to him .
                  Bill H
                  Daytona Beach
                  SDC member since 1970
                  Owner of The Skeeter Hawk .

Comment

$86,000...STILL, MUCH too high for a modified OEM frame.

Mike

Comment

The most likely explanation is they're pricing the BIN at what the car cost to build. Easy to see a professional shop billing $85K for that. What the seller and the family will find is the market usually values a used custom at less than half the build cost.

jack vines
                      PackardV8

Comment

I'm lovin that front end treatment, would be interesting to see it in person also a fan of 55s !

Originally posted by Noxnabaker View Post
                        Easily the best way to customize a -55 front & still keeping the top shape, in my opinion!
                        So if I don't find a 53-54 Studebaker sedan front or 55-56 Dodge front I might actually more or less copy that one...
                        Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

All it needs to be complete is curb feelers....

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

Only if you could adjust them up enough? To keep them, or at least the mounting bracket, from constantly dragging on the pavement!

Mark
                            sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

Yeah. They could be mounted on the front roll pan to alert the driver he is about to go over a speed bump.
                              Jerry Forrester
                              Forrester's Chrome
                              Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Working...
                              X