Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• phx craiglist 46 stude fs

Phoenix craigslist listing.
    I DO NOT know anything of this car. Just providing the link.

Russ Shop Foreman "Rusty Nut Garage"
    57 SH (project)
    60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
    53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
    57 SH (project)

I wonder what model year that really was. It looks like a pre-war, in other words, pre-Bourke design.

[img=left]http://simps.us/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]
    Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon
    Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
    "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
    The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

I wonder what model year that really was. It looks like a pre-war, in other words, pre-Bourke design.

Paul Simpson
      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
      "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
      The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

All '46 models all makes were pre war car modeled as 46. Studebaker was the first postwar cars. Remember the add "First by far with a post war car".
        Beats me whats showed in the ad though. hopefully someone with expertise in this era will chime in.
        Russ
        quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Paul Simpson
        "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
        The Red-Headed Amazon
        57 SH (project)

57 SH (project)

Comment

All '46 models all makes were pre war car modeled as 46. Studebaker was the first postwar cars. Remember the add "First by far with a post war car".
          Beats me whats showed in the ad though. hopefully someone with expertise in this era will chime in.
          Russ
          quote:Originally posted by DilloCrafter

Paul Simpson
          "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
          The Red-Headed Amazon
          57 SH (project)

57 SH (project)

Comment

The 46s were basically 42s. The 47s were all new, and hence the saying. I thought the 46s had fender markers and the 42s did not, just one way of telling the difference. Just FYI. The 42 in my signature looks pretty much like this 46 down to the color. I got it in 1990 for $1500. Spent about 5 years and $8K restoring it to show room (or better) condition, but seemed to be in a lot better condition to start than this one. Big cost was rechroming!

Comment

The 46s were basically 42s. The 47s were all new, and hence the saying. I thought the 46s had fender markers and the 42s did not, just one way of telling the difference. Just FYI. The 42 in my signature looks pretty much like this 46 down to the color. I got it in 1990 for $1500. Spent about 5 years and $8K restoring it to show room (or better) condition, but seemed to be in a lot better condition to start than this one. Big cost was rechroming!

Comment

Yes, the 46s wern't much different than the 42s. And IIRC, the 46 model run was fairly short before they brought out the all new 47s.

Dave Bonn
                Valencia, PA
                '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

Yes, the 46s wern't much different than the 42s. And IIRC, the 46 model run was fairly short before they brought out the all new 47s.

Dave Bonn
                  Valencia, PA
                  '54 Champion Starliner

Comment

I've wanted one of those for ever. Seems like every time one pops up I have no cash flow.

Orlando FLA
                    Orlando FLA

Comment

I've wanted one of those for ever. Seems like every time one pops up I have no cash flow.

Orlando FLA
                      Orlando FLA

Comment

Hmmm... Where's "46Skyway"[?], he would know - he's got 2 of them!

<h5>Mark
                        '57 Transtar
                        3E-6/7-122
                        </h5>
                        Mark Hayden
                        '66 Commander

Comment

Hmmm... Where's "46Skyway"[?], he would know - he's got 2 of them!

<h5>Mark
                          '57 Transtar
                          3E-6/7-122
                          </h5>
                          Mark Hayden
                          '66 Commander

Comment

It's a '46 Champion Skyway. Coupe, 2 door and 4 door sedans were built. No '46 Commanders or Presidents were made. The '47's were well on their way but dealers were in need of some thing to sell so Studebaker built the '46 Champion. Some 19,000 were built.

Comment

It's a '46 Champion Skyway. Coupe, 2 door and 4 door sedans were built. No '46 Commanders or Presidents were made. The '47's were well on their way but dealers were in need of some thing to sell so Studebaker built the '46 Champion. Some 19,000 were built.

Comment

Working...
                              X