Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shawn
    replied
    I wonder what it would take to get some of the nicer stude's invited to the Lake Mirror festival here in Lakeland. It is turning into one of the premire concours events.

Former owner/owner with Dad:
    58 Packard Golden Hawk
    62 Hawk
    62 Lark
    63 Lark
    64 Lark
    63 Champ
    Currently I own:
    84 Mercedes 380SL
    92 Range Rover (for sale)
    99 BMW 323I
    and helping a 16 year old rebuild an 86 Saab 900

Lakeland, FL

Leave a comment:

• Shawn
    replied
    I wonder what it would take to get some of the nicer stude's invited to the Lake Mirror festival here in Lakeland. It is turning into one of the premire concours events.

Former owner/owner with Dad:
    58 Packard Golden Hawk
    62 Hawk
    62 Lark
    63 Lark
    64 Lark
    63 Champ
    Currently I own:
    84 Mercedes 380SL
    92 Range Rover (for sale)
    99 BMW 323I
    and helping a 16 year old rebuild an 86 Saab 900

Lakeland, FL

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Here's a pic scan of the article...
    Cheesy? Well, yes...
    But it points out that promoting an event doesn't take a big machine or organization.
    All that was done here was a couple of phone calls and e-mail.
    Editors need content.
    Let me repeat that.
    Editors need content!
    The number one complaint I hear/read from chapter editors is lack of content.
    No big deal... Was a fun weekend.
    Jeff[8D]

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Here's a pic scan of the article...
    Cheesy? Well, yes...
    But it points out that promoting an event doesn't take a big machine or organization.
    All that was done here was a couple of phone calls and e-mail.
    Editors need content.
    Let me repeat that.
    Editors need content!
    The number one complaint I hear/read from chapter editors is lack of content.
    No big deal... Was a fun weekend.
    Jeff[8D]

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Thanks for taking the pic's Rick...
    Jeff[8D]

http://community.webshots.com/album/562556342DLNrbc
    Rick Courtier
    [/quote]

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Thanks for taking the pic's Rick...
    Jeff[8D]

Rick Courtier
    [/quote]

Leave a comment:

• Rick Courtier
    replied
    OK, I finally got off my lazy ass and up loaded the picture I took at the Villages, please excuse the photo quality my camera is in need of being service. Lens auto focus is not working and the camera body is having a battery issue. But at least I didn't leave my camera in the truck like some people.[}]
    Enjoy the shot, too many people to get good picture of the cars.

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
    1956 Transtar
    1905 Farm Wagon

Leave a comment:

• Rick Courtier
    replied
    OK, I finally got off my lazy ass and up loaded the picture I took at the Villages, please excuse the photo quality my camera is in need of being service. Lens auto focus is not working and the camera body is having a battery issue. But at least I didn't leave my camera in the truck like some people.[}]
    Enjoy the shot, too many people to get good picture of the cars.

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
    1956 Transtar
    1905 Farm Wagon

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Great Job Jeff excellent article. I always love a good shameless Studebaker promotion Story.
    Pat yourself on the back for that one.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    Great Job Jeff excellent article. I always love a good shameless Studebaker promotion Story.
    Pat yourself on the back for that one.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Whew!
    What a weekend!
    Only have a few minutes to post this, as I have to take off for work (and the forum was down for a while)...
    Anyways...
    We had something like 16 Stude's in line (iirc) and a few parked out elsewhere.. I was cameraless ([:0]), but it was so crowded with thousands and thousands of people, it would have been hard to take pic's anyways. I know Rick Courtier took some pic's. Maybe he can share a link to them later...
    The newspaper printed a nice teaser article, and except for a couple small geographical errors and omissions, they did a nice job...
    http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...ews/news03.txt
    Several Tampa area members came and a lot of the NCFSDC chapter members came. Scotty even drove his top down Pro-Mod '53 over from Daytona Beach. We had a superb time! Several 'People's Choice Awards were given out, and the after cruise parade was way cool. There were THOUSANDS of people lining the streets. It was so big that they extended the route so everyone would have a good vantage point.
    The weather was perfect. The Stude's (and Stude people) were great. The people at the show were great.
    The TV station stopped by and interviewed some Stude people and shot some neat video of the Stude's. Supposed to be on air Monday afternoon. I am going to see if I can get a DVD copy.
    What a fun afternoon.
    Jeff[8D]

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    Whew!
    What a weekend!
    Only have a few minutes to post this, as I have to take off for work (and the forum was down for a while)...
    Anyways...
    We had something like 16 Stude's in line (iirc) and a few parked out elsewhere.. I was cameraless ([:0]), but it was so crowded with thousands and thousands of people, it would have been hard to take pic's anyways. I know Rick Courtier took some pic's. Maybe he can share a link to them later...
    The newspaper printed a nice teaser article, and except for a couple small geographical errors and omissions, they did a nice job...
    http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...ews/news03.txt
    Several Tampa area members came and a lot of the NCFSDC chapter members came. Scotty even drove his top down Pro-Mod '53 over from Daytona Beach. We had a superb time! Several 'People's Choice Awards were given out, and the after cruise parade was way cool. There were THOUSANDS of people lining the streets. It was so big that they extended the route so everyone would have a good vantage point.
    The weather was perfect. The Stude's (and Stude people) were great. The people at the show were great.
    The TV station stopped by and interviewed some Stude people and shot some neat video of the Stude's. Supposed to be on air Monday afternoon. I am going to see if I can get a DVD copy.
    What a fun afternoon.
    Jeff[8D]

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    You betcha.. Lot's of shortcuts if you know your way around...The route listed was what my map program said was fastest based on speed limits, etc...
    (Except they forgot the fifty freakin' stop lights put in on US27 in the last 5 years...)
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Two years ago, I took Hwy 98 to 471 north. A lot easier than driving to Polk City. Of course on the way home through the fog, I passed a large buck standing by the side of the road. It looked like that big sucker from the Hartford commercials...[:0]

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    You betcha.. Lot's of shortcuts if you know your way around...The route listed was what my map program said was fastest based on speed limits, etc...
    (Except they forgot the fifty freakin' stop lights put in on US27 in the last 5 years...)
    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Two years ago, I took Hwy 98 to 471 north. A lot easier than driving to Polk City. Of course on the way home through the fog, I passed a large buck standing by the side of the road. It looked like that big sucker from the Hartford commercials...[:0]

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X