Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swifster
    replied
    Two years ago, I took Hwy 98 to 471 north. A lot easier than driving to Polk City. Of course on the way home through the fog, I passed a large buck standing by the side of the road. It looked like that big sucker from the Hartford commercials...[:0]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Jeff, I'll see you Saturday.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Jeff, I'll see you Saturday.

Tom - Valrico, FL

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    [b][navy]Here's another teaser for the show Saturday in Lady Lake, Florida...

I submitted a short historical story to the local newspaper to promote Studebaker's participating in this show...
    The assignment editor contacted me and had a reporter call me to do a telephone interview. We went over the content of the short blurb I submitted, and she started asking me a lot of other Studebaker related questions. Am interested to read the article, because she was genuinely curious about what in the heck a Studebaker was.....
    Then, a while later, the television station contacted me about their coverage of the car show and the Studebaker's coming to the festivities.. He was mostly interested in what local resident's would be coming, so I whipped open my SDC Membership CD-ROM and did a quick PDF search while we chatted on the phone. He was amazed that I could ratlle off individual members, their Studebakers, and even the wive's names.. I thought nothing of it, but he thought it was pretty cool. Kudo's to the SDC for putting that feature out there for us to use.
    Anyways... I invited the TV guys to come by and interview any and all of the Studebaker folk's in attendance. Maybe I'll hook the guy into riding with me in the parade... We'll see...
    Hope to see some of you there. The weather forecast is awesome.
    Jeff[8D]

[/quote]

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    [b][navy]Here's another teaser for the show Saturday in Lady Lake, Florida...

I submitted a short historical story to the local newspaper to promote Studebaker's participating in this show...
    The assignment editor contacted me and had a reporter call me to do a telephone interview. We went over the content of the short blurb I submitted, and she started asking me a lot of other Studebaker related questions. Am interested to read the article, because she was genuinely curious about what in the heck a Studebaker was.....
    Then, a while later, the television station contacted me about their coverage of the car show and the Studebaker's coming to the festivities.. He was mostly interested in what local resident's would be coming, so I whipped open my SDC Membership CD-ROM and did a quick PDF search while we chatted on the phone. He was amazed that I could ratlle off individual members, their Studebakers, and even the wive's names.. I thought nothing of it, but he thought it was pretty cool. Kudo's to the SDC for putting that feature out there for us to use.
    Anyways... I invited the TV guys to come by and interview any and all of the Studebaker folk's in attendance. Maybe I'll hook the guy into riding with me in the parade... We'll see...
    Hope to see some of you there. The weather forecast is awesome.
    Jeff[8D]

[/quote]

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Well, you've already seen my ugly mug. I'm planning on going.

Tom - Valrico, FL

Leave a comment:

• Swifster
    replied
    Well, you've already seen my ugly mug. I'm planning on going.

Tom - Valrico, FL

Leave a comment:

• Shawn
    replied
    I was curious to know how many folks on the board will be going? I am planning on going up and would like to put some faces to names/postings.

Former owner/owner with Dad:
    58 Packard Golden Hawk
    62 Hawk
    62 Lark
    63 Lark
    64 Lark
    63 Champ
    Currently I own:
    84 Mercedes 380SL
    92 Range Rover (for sale)
    99 BMW 323I
    and helping a 16 year old rebuild an 86 Saab 900

Lakeland, FL

Leave a comment:

• Shawn
    replied
    I was curious to know how many folks on the board will be going? I am planning on going up and would like to put some faces to names/postings.

58 Packard Golden Hawk
    62 Hawk
    62 Lark
    63 Lark
    64 Lark
    63 Champ
    Currently I own:
    84 Mercedes 380SL
    99 BMW 323I

Lakeland, FL

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Melinda

Hi I just bought a mint condition 1955 Regal Commander, We live in Oxford, and am looking forward to meeting other Studebaker owners.
    Welcome to the Forum Melinda! If you have not already done so, I strongly suggest to also join the SDC, worth every penny and then some. Will help you get the most enjoyment out of this hobby (sickness), etc.[8D] You can even join online at:
    http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/joinsdc.aspans

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by Melinda

Hi I just bought a mint condition 1955 Regal Commander, We live in Oxford, and am looking forward to meeting other Studebaker owners.
    Welcome to the Forum Melinda! If you have not already done so, I strongly suggest to also join the SDC, worth every penny and then some. Will help you get the most enjoyment out of this hobby (sickness), etc.[8D] You can even join online at:
    http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/joinsdc.aspans

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>

Leave a comment:

• Melinda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Melinda
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Shawn
    replied
    Where exactly is the villages? I am guessing we are talking about the villages here in Florida, but just want to make sure.

58 Packard Golden Hawk
    62 Hawk
    62 Lark
    63 Lark
    64 Lark
    63 Champ
    Currently I own:
    84 Mercedes 380SL
    99 BMW 323I

Lakeland, FL

Leave a comment:

• Shawn
    replied
    Where exactly is the villages? I am guessing we are talking about the villages here in Florida, but just want to make sure.

58 Packard Golden Hawk
    62 Hawk
    62 Lark
    63 Lark
    64 Lark
    63 Champ
    Currently I own:
    84 Mercedes 380SL
    99 BMW 323I