No announcement yet.

'Studebaker Day' at 'The Villages' - 2/16/2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two years ago, I took Hwy 98 to 471 north. A lot easier than driving to Polk City. Of course on the way home through the fog, I passed a large buck standing by the side of the road. It looked like that big sucker from the Hartford commercials...[:0]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
    1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Two years ago, I took Hwy 98 to 471 north. A lot easier than driving to Polk City. Of course on the way home through the fog, I passed a large buck standing by the side of the road. It looked like that big sucker from the Hartford commercials...[:0]

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $1755.45)

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

You betcha.. Lot's of shortcuts if you know your way around...The route listed was what my map program said was fastest based on speed limits, etc...
        (Except they forgot the fifty freakin' stop lights put in on US27 in the last 5 years...)
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

You betcha.. Lot's of shortcuts if you know your way around...The route listed was what my map program said was fastest based on speed limits, etc...
          (Except they forgot the fifty freakin' stop lights put in on US27 in the last 5 years...)
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

Whew!
            What a weekend!
            Only have a few minutes to post this, as I have to take off for work (and the forum was down for a while)...
            Anyways...
            We had something like 16 Stude's in line (iirc) and a few parked out elsewhere.. I was cameraless ([:0]), but it was so crowded with thousands and thousands of people, it would have been hard to take pic's anyways. I know Rick Courtier took some pic's. Maybe he can share a link to them later...
            The newspaper printed a nice teaser article, and except for a couple small geographical errors and omissions, they did a nice job...
            http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...ews/news03.txt
            Several Tampa area members came and a lot of the NCFSDC chapter members came. Scotty even drove his top down Pro-Mod '53 over from Daytona Beach. We had a superb time! Several 'People's Choice Awards were given out, and the after cruise parade was way cool. There were THOUSANDS of people lining the streets. It was so big that they extended the route so everyone would have a good vantage point.
            The weather was perfect. The Stude's (and Stude people) were great. The people at the show were great.
            The TV station stopped by and interviewed some Stude people and shot some neat video of the Stude's. Supposed to be on air Monday afternoon. I am going to see if I can get a DVD copy.
            What a fun afternoon.
            Jeff[8D]

Jeff

Comment

Whew!
              What a weekend!
              Only have a few minutes to post this, as I have to take off for work (and the forum was down for a while)...
              Anyways...
              We had something like 16 Stude's in line (iirc) and a few parked out elsewhere.. I was cameraless ([:0]), but it was so crowded with thousands and thousands of people, it would have been hard to take pic's anyways. I know Rick Courtier took some pic's. Maybe he can share a link to them later...
              The newspaper printed a nice teaser article, and except for a couple small geographical errors and omissions, they did a nice job...
              http://www.thevillagesdailysun.com/a...ews/news03.txt
              Several Tampa area members came and a lot of the NCFSDC chapter members came. Scotty even drove his top down Pro-Mod '53 over from Daytona Beach. We had a superb time! Several 'People's Choice Awards were given out, and the after cruise parade was way cool. There were THOUSANDS of people lining the streets. It was so big that they extended the route so everyone would have a good vantage point.
              The weather was perfect. The Stude's (and Stude people) were great. The people at the show were great.
              The TV station stopped by and interviewed some Stude people and shot some neat video of the Stude's. Supposed to be on air Monday afternoon. I am going to see if I can get a DVD copy.
              What a fun afternoon.
              Jeff[8D]

Jeff

Comment

Great Job Jeff excellent article. I always love a good shameless Studebaker promotion Story.
                Pat yourself on the back for that one.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                1957 Silverhawk
                1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                1955 President State
                Fresno,Ca
                Mabel 1949 Champion
                Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                Gus 1958 Transtar
                The Prez 1955 President State
                Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                Fresno,Ca

Comment

Great Job Jeff excellent article. I always love a good shameless Studebaker promotion Story.
                  Pat yourself on the back for that one.

Mabel 1949 Champion
                  1957 Silverhawk
                  1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
                  Gus 1958 Transtar
                  1955 President State
                  Fresno,Ca
                  Mabel 1949 Champion
                  Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                  Gus 1958 Transtar
                  The Prez 1955 President State
                  Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                  Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                  Fresno,Ca

Comment

OK, I finally got off my lazy ass and up loaded the picture I took at the Villages, please excuse the photo quality my camera is in need of being service. Lens auto focus is not working and the camera body is having a battery issue. But at least I didn't leave my camera in the truck like some people.[}]
                    Enjoy the shot, too many people to get good picture of the cars.

http://community.webshots.com/album/562556342DLNrbc

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
                    1956 Transtar
                    1905 Farm Wagon
                    Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
                    1905 Farm Wagon

Comment

OK, I finally got off my lazy ass and up loaded the picture I took at the Villages, please excuse the photo quality my camera is in need of being service. Lens auto focus is not working and the camera body is having a battery issue. But at least I didn't leave my camera in the truck like some people.[}]
                      Enjoy the shot, too many people to get good picture of the cars.

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
                      1956 Transtar
                      1905 Farm Wagon
                      Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
                      1905 Farm Wagon

Comment

Thanks for taking the pic's Rick...
                        Jeff[8D]

Rick Courtier
                        [/quote]

Jeff

Comment

Thanks for taking the pic's Rick...
                          Jeff[8D]

Rick Courtier
                          [/quote]

Jeff

Comment

Here's a pic scan of the article...
                            Cheesy? Well, yes...
                            But it points out that promoting an event doesn't take a big machine or organization.
                            All that was done here was a couple of phone calls and e-mail.
                            Editors need content.
                            Let me repeat that.
                            Editors need content!
                            The number one complaint I hear/read from chapter editors is lack of content.
                            No big deal... Was a fun weekend.
                            Jeff[8D]

Jeff

Comment

Here's a pic scan of the article...
                              Cheesy? Well, yes...
                              But it points out that promoting an event doesn't take a big machine or organization.
                              All that was done here was a couple of phone calls and e-mail.
                              Editors need content.
                              Let me repeat that.
                              Editors need content!
                              The number one complaint I hear/read from chapter editors is lack of content.
                              No big deal... Was a fun weekend.
                              Jeff[8D]

Jeff

Comment

I wonder what it would take to get some of the nicer stude's invited to the Lake Mirror festival here in Lakeland. It is turning into one of the premire concours events.

Former owner/owner with Dad:
                                58 Packard Golden Hawk
                                62 Hawk
                                62 Lark
                                63 Lark
                                64 Lark
                                63 Champ
                                Currently I own:
                                84 Mercedes 380SL
                                92 Range Rover (for sale)
                                99 BMW 323I
                                and helping a 16 year old rebuild an 86 Saab 900

Lakeland, FL

Comment

Working...
                                X