Well Turlock is Saturday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well Turlock is Saturday

Turlock is Saturday gonna be fun. If you wondered where I have been lately well boy it has been busy. I had to go through all my brothers stuff in the Garage and back bedroom. What a crock of s***! On top of all that I had a Termite report done on my house back in November. Well one of David's friends and I say that loosely. Says he is a home repair person. You wouldn't believe the shoddy work that they did. They were a bunch that was fresh out of Lockup. So you had to be everywhere at the same time. Everything that they did had to be done at least three times before it was acceptable. Well you could see the backyard from the back room through the new wood siding. Besides that had to meet with Hospital Officials to sign up for Medical for my Brother so maybe the State will pay for his care. Not My responsibility but someone had to step up.
    Now for Studebakers well the engine is out of the Hawk. We had it Bored to .030 and the crank turned to .010 .010. Having lots of fun .
    Mabel's Oil pressure is getting lower and lower. My brothers Son just touched down from Florida for a visit. So he should be here any minute. He will be here for about a week. So Now you know just thought I'd share. Oh my other problem the computer dies about two weeks ago. Then I lost my phone service for about 8 days was on and off. But hey I think all the bad stuffs over ya gotta laugh through it cause its too much to cry about. Well thanks for listening. Looking forward to Turlock an escape.

Mabel 1949 Champion
    1957 Silverhawk
    1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    1955 President State
    Fresno,Ca
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

Sorry to hear about all the stuff Anne, hope its better for you soon. DMV recognized betty as a car again today.... The adventure begins.

Comment

Sorry to hear about all the stuff Anne, hope its better for you soon. DMV recognized betty as a car again today.... The adventure begins.

Comment

Thanks thats great news. My nephew is on his way over so I've gotta go. Great news about Betty though.

Mabel 1949 Champion
        1957 Silverhawk
        1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        1955 President State
        Fresno,Ca
        Mabel 1949 Champion
        Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
        Gus 1958 Transtar
        Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
        Fresno,Ca

Comment

Thanks thats great news. My nephew is on his way over so I've gotta go. Great news about Betty though.

Mabel 1949 Champion
          1957 Silverhawk
          1955 Champion 4Dr.Regal
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          1955 President State
          Fresno,Ca
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Fresno,Ca

Comment

I hope its something simple with mabel like the oil pressure relief valve sticking open...

Comment

I hope its something simple with mabel like the oil pressure relief valve sticking open...

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problems with the (not so) Handy Men. That's what I do for a living anymore (good work, not like what happened to you). It's always a chore I have to go through with every job is to hear about the yahoos who screwed up the last job the homeowner had done. Too bad I'm so far away. I could be of help. Oh well.

Okay, so the Turlock meet is this comming Saturday. I had a thread running with that question and can't find it now. DUH[)] I'm doing my best to get that letter off to you Annie, life just keeps getting in the way. Sorry.[:I] Honestly, I am trying, really.[8)][:I][)]

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
                Lotsa Larks!
                K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                Ron Smith
                Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problems with the (not so) Handy Men. That's what I do for a living anymore (good work, not like what happened to you). It's always a chore I have to go through with every job is to hear about the yahoos who screwed up the last job the homeowner had done. Too bad I'm so far away. I could be of help. Oh well.

Okay, so the Turlock meet is this comming Saturday. I had a thread running with that question and can't find it now. DUH[)] I'm doing my best to get that letter off to you Annie, life just keeps getting in the way. Sorry.[:I] Honestly, I am trying, really.[8)][:I][)]

Lotsa Larks!
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
                  Ron Smith
                  Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

All the best, Anne- you're getting all the crap out of the way now so '08 can be a banner year for you[^]

Turlock- I'm gather it's a swap meet or car show; is this a Stude only thing, or all makes? Is it very big?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

All the best, Anne- you're getting all the crap out of the way now so '08 can be a banner year for you[^]

Turlock- I'm gather it's a swap meet or car show; is this a Stude only thing, or all makes? Is it very big?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
                      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Turlock is a swap meet but it is for all makes and models of cars. The January swap meet at turlock is huge.

Comment

Turlock is a swap meet but it is for all makes and models of cars. The January swap meet at turlock is huge.

Comment

we are still heading out today - we had to switch to my White TPD trailer

looks like nasty wind and rain forecasted ---

we will be in our spaces at the end of row K "SP02"
                            along the fence line on the black top

so people dropping parts & meeting etc
                            we will be there hiding inside the trailer ..

we will have FREE "custom made" rain coats" (60 gallon Hefty garbage bags)

and you can use our free heater ---

as they say "In Rust We Trust" the swap meet must go on ...

expect low spectator turn out and even lower prices ....

bring your rain gear and green dollars -
                            - the Modesto Area A's needs your participation $5 admission
                            all the local area chairities stands to gain much needed funds
                            gates open at 7am on Sat at the Fairgrounds .. take Fulkerith exit off highway 99-- follow the trail of parts that have fallen off the trailer ..

there just might be the Studebaker car or part of your dreams there ??

wet & cheap!!

John Sweeney
                            Folsom CA
                            1951 Studebaker Champion Regal Business Coupe
                            1940 Mercury Conv (hers)
                            2000 Excelsior- Henderson (also orphan)
                            "Lone Dog ... No Woof"
                            www.cruisinnews.com
                            John
                            Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com

www.SacramentoSwapMeet.com

Comment

we are still heading out today - we had to switch to my White TPD trailer

looks like nasty wind and rain forecasted ---

we will be in our spaces at the end of row K "SP02"
                              along the fence line on the black top

so people dropping parts & meeting etc
                              we will be there hiding inside the trailer ..

we will have FREE "custom made" rain coats" (60 gallon Hefty garbage bags)

and you can use our free heater ---

as they say "In Rust We Trust" the swap meet must go on ...

expect low spectator turn out and even lower prices ....

bring your rain gear and green dollars -
                              - the Modesto Area A's needs your participation $5 admission
                              all the local area chairities stands to gain much needed funds
                              gates open at 7am on Sat at the Fairgrounds .. take Fulkerith exit off highway 99-- follow the trail of parts that have fallen off the trailer ..

there just might be the Studebaker car or part of your dreams there ??

wet & cheap!!

John Sweeney
                              Folsom CA
                              1951 Studebaker Champion Regal Business Coupe
                              1940 Mercury Conv (hers)
                              2000 Excelsior- Henderson (also orphan)
                              "Lone Dog ... No Woof"
                              www.cruisinnews.com
                              John
                              Folsom CA

"Lone Dog ... No Woof"

www.cruisinnews.com