"Studebaker" eBay search

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Studebaker" eBay search

Well, I finally ran into the same problem as most of you searching for Stude parts on eBay have complained about... you get a bunch of Chrsler/Jeep stuff included.[V] I wrote to eBay and complained and they supplied this response:
    "Dear Mark,
    Thank you for writing to eBay in regard to your searches not working on the new eBay Motors site.
    We are aware that some members are experiencing this problem and are working to correct the trouble. In the meantime, you can opt out of Motors 2.0 until the issue is resolved. To opt out of eBay Motors 2.0 click "Options" next to "Welcome to the new eBay Motors" near the top of the search results page.
    We hope to have this resolved soon. Thank you for your patience while we work to correct this issue.
    Sincerely,
    Robby J.
    eBay Motors Customer Support"

So, hopefully they solve it soon![:0]

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander
    Zone Coordinator
    Pacific Can-Am Zone

Whatda they mean..."some of the members" are experiencing problems? I do not see how you could possibly get a "normal" ebay search to work anymore, even after going back to the old ebay I still keep getting back to having no saved searches work anymore!

They must have hired the same geeks that Microsoft tossed out, after they created the new VISA windows program that also does not work!![:0]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Whatda they mean..."some of the members" are experiencing problems? I do not see how you could possibly get a "normal" ebay search to work anymore, even after going back to the old ebay I still keep getting back to having no saved searches work anymore!

They must have hired the same geeks that Microsoft tossed out, after they created the new VISA windows program that also does not work!![:0]

StudeRich
      Studebakers Northwest
      Ferndale, WA
      StudeRich
      Second Generation Stude Driver,
      Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

On the top right of the new ebay motors page I found a box that says 'return to the old ebay motors'. I clicked that and so far I have stayed on the old page.

Dwain G.

Comment

On the top right of the new ebay motors page I found a box that says 'return to the old ebay motors'. I clicked that and so far I have stayed on the old page.

Dwain G.

Comment

I'm with Studerich. Clicking on the return to the old ebay link just takes you back to ebay motors. You then have to enter the data all over again.

I think the only Jeep entries that are being included are those that include the word Commander (instead of Commando) in the listing. Did the ebay geeks outsmart themselves by trying to include all Stude-related models?

Skip Lackie
            Washington DC
            Skip Lackie

Comment

I'm with Studerich. Clicking on the return to the old ebay link just takes you back to ebay motors. You then have to enter the data all over again.

I think the only Jeep entries that are being included are those that include the word Commander (instead of Commando) in the listing. Did the ebay geeks outsmart themselves by trying to include all Stude-related models?

Skip Lackie
              Washington DC
              Skip Lackie

Comment

I did not notice the problem since I just set a search for "Studebaker", then bookmarked it and just click on the bookmark. I did that many years ago, so I missed the "new" ebay.

JDP/Maryland
                63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                spent to date $54664,75
                64 R2 GT (Sid)
                spent to date $62,839.60
                63 Lark 2 door
                51 Commander
                39 Coupe express
                39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I did not notice the problem since I just set a search for "Studebaker", then bookmarked it and just click on the bookmark. I did that many years ago, so I missed the "new" ebay.

JDP/Maryland
                  63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                  spent to date $54664,75
                  64 R2 GT (Sid)
                  spent to date $62,839.60
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  51 Commander
                  39 Coupe express
                  39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

The Studebaker search that I have had bookmarked for years has been going to the new page, but after clicking on the option for the old site and then clicking on the bookmark again the old style page appears.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
                    sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                    Searcy, Arkansas
                    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                    1952 2R pickup

Comment

The Studebaker search that I have had bookmarked for years has been going to the new page, but after clicking on the option for the old site and then clicking on the bookmark again the old style page appears.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas
                      sigpic

"In the heart of Arkansas."
                      Searcy, Arkansas
                      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                      1952 2R pickup

Comment

If you've ever checked the eBay discussion boards for eBay Motors you'd find hundreds of threads whining and complaining about the new page and search functions. It's downright vicious!
                        You'd think the eBay clowns could take a hint, and stop changing things just for the sake of change.

Chris Pile
                        StudeFolk Manager
                        http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
                        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

If you've ever checked the eBay discussion boards for eBay Motors you'd find hundreds of threads whining and complaining about the new page and search functions. It's downright vicious!
                          You'd think the eBay clowns could take a hint, and stop changing things just for the sake of change.

Chris Pile
                          StudeFolk Manager
                          http://tiny.cc/RYqAK
                          The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
                          X