This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed MAJOR change to Turning Wheels

Who out there is aware of the proposed (impending?) change from Landscape (horizontal) to Portrait (Vertical) for Turning Wheels??
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
    '62 GT Hawk (4 speed, A/C, Power steering - running and DRIVING!)

It was briefly mentioned at last summer's board meeting,, under "Budget".

http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...2020170503.pdf

It was also the subject of a recent thread here on the forum.
    Skip Lackie

Comment

I would think that car magazines are better in landscape orientation so large photos can be better presented. What is the incentive for the change? Is it allegedly cheaper to print a magazine in portrait format?
      RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
      10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
      10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
      4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
      5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
      56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
      60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Perhaps someone (Craig) will post a link to the topic where this has already been discussed.
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

This all seems rather under the table from what I hear elsewhere. When I was told recently that there had been a post here I was surprised be cause I had somehow missed this post. I am totally against the change. I thought that we originally went to the horizontal layout because, as Radioroy said, pictures of cars and truck work much better in this configuration.

I will wait to make any further comments until I see what is on the other thread about this.
          Joe Roberts
          '61 R1 Champ
          '65 Cruiser
          Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

If it does change to a portrait layout, then the editor could simply rotate the cover photos 90 degrees so that an automobile displays lengthways.
            sigpic
            In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Good, I would rather read portrait style.
              Mike
              Fort Worth, TX

1964 Avanti R2 #R-4986

Comment

At least the postman will know how to put a portrait style in my mailbox without wrecking it.
                james r pepper

Comment

Originally posted by jpepper View Post
                  At least the postman will know how to put a portrait style in my mailbox without wrecking it.
                  I agree with that!
                  Pat Dilling
                  Olivehurst, CA
                  Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

I started the orginal post on this subject last week in the Club business section. After a few days it was pulled by someone other than I.
                    If you have something to say on this subject you better do it fast. I have been told it’s a done deal so I don’t know what can really be said to change the Board.
                    Gary Sanders
                    Nixa, MO

Comment

My understanding is that the board is supposed to represent us, the members. How can this be happening without at least notifying us so we can vote on it?
                      I guess I am just naive.
                      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)

Comment

I had a lengthy discussion with a board member the other day and I quote " We really don't have to ask the members their opinions" This come up a couple of times on a couple of different subjects. Just saying.
                        Gary Sanders
                        Nixa, MO

Comment

I wonder who that board member was. "Inquiring minds want to know".

Comment

I am the editor of my chapter and exchange newsletters from other editors. One newsletter had a small blurb about this. I contacted the editor to see what this all about. Evidently at least one director voted against this proposal. Another said the voting took time much earlier than others claimed it was. In the end it was decided that the vote was not needed because there was a consensus. This makes no sense to me, or other people I with whom I have spoken. There is money and time involved here. Evidently the new format will save money. It will save some time to print. I don't know if this is enough to make the change. I sincerely hope the horizontal is not thrown out. It is much better at putting out the fantastic pictures we see there every month.
                            Last edited by JRoberts; 11-07-2017, 05:52 PM.
                            Joe Roberts
                            '61 R1 Champ
                            '65 Cruiser
                            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

It will save the club $5.000.00 a year. I'm afraid it will be just a regular magazine with some very light paper. I hope the board will think about the members.

Dusty Taylor

Comment

Working...
                              X