Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wonder what this can is for?...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder what this can is for?...........

Mounted on the back of the glove box in this truck...........
    http://tinyurl.com/2pzm88

Dwain G.

Looks like just an old propane tank, probably tossed in and just ended up there.

When I saw it, one word jumped out at me- hulk[xx(]

Wonder if anyone will want it?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

Looks like just an old propane tank, probably tossed in and just ended up there.

When I saw it, one word jumped out at me- hulk[xx(]

Wonder if anyone will want it?

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
      Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

I'm thinking accessory coolant filter? Looks a lot like the oil filter, but it seems to be plumbed in with 5/8" hose. Kind of low-res pics.

Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

I'm thinking accessory coolant filter? Looks a lot like the oil filter, but it seems to be plumbed in with 5/8" hose. Kind of low-res pics.

Comment

I agree with Gord that it is plumbed for something, it appears to have the remnants of heater hose on it. The canister is also not as wide as the oil filter that is on the truck. It also appears that there is a governor plate below the carb.

When I saw this thing on Saturday night I was struck by all the vines under the hood. Some of you may have read about a similar truck that George Hamlin rescued from Bull Run and restored.

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.
            Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

I agree with Gord that it is plumbed for something, it appears to have the remnants of heater hose on it. The canister is also not as wide as the oil filter that is on the truck. It also appears that there is a governor plate below the carb.

When I saw this thing on Saturday night I was struck by all the vines under the hood. Some of you may have read about a similar truck that George Hamlin rescued from Bull Run and restored.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

The can looks like it could have been some sort of bomb. And it looks like it went off!

BA-WOOOM!!! [:0][:0]

Comment

The can looks like it could have been some sort of bomb. And it looks like it went off!

BA-WOOOM!!! [:0][:0]

Comment

Just a guess....could it have been connected to the object that is
                    located under the dash and glove box, and looks like a heater unit?

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Just a guess....could it have been connected to the object that is
                      located under the dash and glove box, and looks like a heater unit?

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Just a WAG,(wild a** guess), it might be a coolant resivoir for that strange looking heater under the dash. Maybe it was to make sure there was plenty of extra hot coolant for the heater. After all, that's a pretty big area to try to heat when it's cold.[:0]

Dan Miller
                        Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                        Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

Just a WAG,(wild a** guess), it might be a coolant resivoir for that strange looking heater under the dash. Maybe it was to make sure there was plenty of extra hot coolant for the heater. After all, that's a pretty big area to try to heat when it's cold.[:0]

Dan Miller
                          Atlanta, GA

[img=left]http://static.flickr.com/57/228744729_7aff5f0118_m.jpg[/img=left]
                          Road Racers turn left AND right.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ROADRACELARK
                            After all, that's a pretty big area to try to heat when it's cold.[:0]
                            Especially with the windows knocked out.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by ROADRACELARK
                              After all, that's a pretty big area to try to heat when it's cold.[:0]
                              Especially with the windows knocked out.

Comment

Working...
                              X