Who's coming to MCCAN this year??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's coming to MCCAN this year??????

I've been in the garage today cleaning up my 63 R2 package GT. It's a low mileage super red survivor car. The car is original paint, upholstery, hoses, clamps, carpets etc etc. I think Gary Wood has his 64 pkg R1 GT about ready to go, Steve's 63 Motor Trend test car is ready, a 55 Speedster, 56 Golden Hawk, I think a 57 GH and even a Packard Hawk and plenty of Avanti's for the Avanti time line etc. Ed George even has the lobby for Studebaker National Museum to display and advertise the museum. How many on the forum are bringing a Studebaker or late model Avanti for display? I wonder who will travel the furthest this year. Last year we had Craig from the other side of Canada, several from Phoenix, I think NY. All those brand x guys are finally forced to take notice and I think they are actually happy to do so!! They now are wondering how and why they missed out.
    Oh yeah, Vince Granatelli is supposed to be coming in for the Studes. He's flying in with Denny Lockman. The whole thing is getting pretty exciting!

Woo-hoo, Nels. Are you bringing the '63 on your open trailer? You'll be going right around Indianapolis, so be sure to stop here if you need anything on the way.

'Looking forward to it pending the hopefully-good outcome of the prostate removal Halloween Day! BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

You talking about the MCACN show?

http://www.mcacn.com/
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Maybe I can fly out and bring the 63 Green Mist. Well, at least the parts to it in a bucket.

Can't make it this year, even on a red eye. I'll be busy relocating the parts in this bucket to the actual car.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-9718.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	150.2 KB
ID:	1716933

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

Yes, Jeff; that's it. BP
          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post

Comment

Originally posted by nels View Post
              I did that on purpose just to see if anybody would notice.������
              I kind of thought so...

You know what DNA stands for?
              Deoxyribonucleic acid
              Nahhhhh...
              National Dyslexic Association
              HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Granatelli & I are flying in from Phoenix if all goes as planned.

Denny Lockmon

64 Avanti R1
                64 Daytona convertible R1

Comment

Yes about ready. This weekend besides cleaning I decided to paint the fan shroud, most every thing under the hood is original...but the shroud had some rust on it....and just didn't look good. A couple of pictures are attached.

This is a great show that is helping getting performance Studebakers noticed. Even if I didn't have a car entered I would go to the show.
                  Attached Files

Comment

More pictures taken outside.

Sorry second picture is cut off.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Gary the car looks great and can't wait to see it in person ! We have 18 Studebalers and Avamtis registered this year so that 8 more than last year and already working on next years Show . Discount ticket sales have gone well and hope the weather is decent . We are fortunate to have a Studebaker in the lobby again this year to give a preview to the display .

Comment

My phone number is 708 250-2213 if anyone has questions about the Show . Looking forward to seeing the Green Mist 63 when its done . I have a 63 R-1 Regal 2 door that I plan on having at next years Show since one of the focuses is the Lark series .

Comment

Originally posted by Halibrand1 View Post
                          We have 18 Studebalers and Avamtis registered this year so that 8 more than last year and already working on next years Show.
                          And lest we forget last year's fantastic showing: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=mcacn

Hope to see all once again this year!

Craig

Comment

I plan to be there with my Speedster, but I need to do some detail work this weekend.

Click image for larger version

Name:	studebaker.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	145.1 KB
ID:	1717075

Bill
                            http://rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                            http://www.rustyrestorations.org/index.php
                            sigpic

Comment

The person I want to talk to the most is Paul Goldsmith. I built a Hemi as a teenager with surplus parts from his operation with Ray Nichels.
                              james r pepper

Comment

Working...
                              X