Serial plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Serial plate

Build your own rare Studebaker (He has two styles) It would be cheaper to buy Bondo's decal and cut your own stainless piece. BTW, just kidding about faking a car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_W0QQ...mZ200193147790

JDP/Maryland
    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
    spent to date $54664,75
    64 R2 GT (Sid)
    spent to date $62,839.60
    63 Lark 2 door
    51 Commander
    39 Coupe express
    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

$185? If that thing sells, I'll buy a box of Bill's decals and a sheet of stainless tomorrow. [)]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

$185? If that thing sells, I'll buy a box of Bill's decals and a sheet of stainless tomorrow. [)]

Matthew Burnette
      '59 Scotsman
      '63 Daytona
      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I sold a 63 Hawk last year that had a trunk full of 64 trim parts, a 64 body tag, serial plate and matching title from a scrapped car. Had I not have bought it, the PO would have made it a 1964 by now.

JDP/Maryland
        63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
        spent to date $54664,75
        64 R2 GT (Sid)
        spent to date $62,839.60
        63 Lark 2 door
        51 Commander
        39 Coupe express
        39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I sold a 63 Hawk last year that had a trunk full of 64 trim parts, a 64 body tag, serial plate and matching title from a scrapped car. Had I not have bought it, the PO would have made it a 1964 by now.

JDP/Maryland
          63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
          spent to date $54664,75
          64 R2 GT (Sid)
          spent to date $62,839.60
          63 Lark 2 door
          51 Commander
          39 Coupe express
          39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
            [:0][:0][:0][:0] People DO things like that? [:0][:0][:0][:0] BP
            We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
            "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

quote:Originally posted by JDP

JDP/Maryland
              [:0][:0][:0][:0] People DO things like that? [:0][:0][:0][:0] BP
              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
              "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

A guy in my chapter has a really nice '63 GT. He lost the body plate when he redone it. So, he took the plate off his '64 GT parts car, just to have something there. It was unbelievable at how many people would come up and tell him that his factory-correct '63 was actually a '64. [B)] He has since put on another '63 plate, however.

Matthew Burnette
                '59 Scotsman
                '63 Daytona
                Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

A guy in my chapter has a really nice '63 GT. He lost the body plate when he redone it. So, he took the plate off his '64 GT parts car, just to have something there. It was unbelievable at how many people would come up and tell him that his factory-correct '63 was actually a '64. [B)] He has since put on another '63 plate, however.

Matthew Burnette
                  '59 Scotsman
                  '63 Daytona
                  Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

He wasn't even trying to increase the value, he just wanted a 64 and could not find one in nice shape. It does make you wonder how many cars have been done like that. More then one 55 has been made into a 53-54 I'd bet.

JDP/Maryland
                    63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                    spent to date $54664,75
                    64 R2 GT (Sid)
                    spent to date $62,839.60
                    63 Lark 2 door
                    51 Commander
                    39 Coupe express
                    39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

He wasn't even trying to increase the value, he just wanted a 64 and could not find one in nice shape. It does make you wonder how many cars have been done like that. More then one 55 has been made into a 53-54 I'd bet.

JDP/Maryland
                      63 R2 SuperHawk (Caesar)
                      spent to date $54664,75
                      64 R2 GT (Sid)
                      spent to date $62,839.60
                      63 Lark 2 door
                      51 Commander
                      39 Coupe express
                      39 Coupe express (rod)

JDP Maryland

Comment

I have some of those blanks. Tony gave some of those along with the other stuff. I stuck one of them on my new under desk computer. Robin's computer has one on it also.

BTW. I finally found a source for decal paper again. So if you need to replace the black part of your ID plate let me know.

Comment

I have some of those blanks. Tony gave some of those along with the other stuff. I stuck one of them on my new under desk computer. Robin's computer has one on it also.

BTW. I finally found a source for decal paper again. So if you need to replace the black part of your ID plate let me know.

Comment

Bill, I am interested in one on my 53 I got some over spray on the tag and took some enamel thinner to clean it off and it took the black painted part of too. The numbers are still there though.

Comment

Bill, I am interested in one on my 53 I got some over spray on the tag and took some enamel thinner to clean it off and it took the black painted part of too. The numbers are still there though.

Comment

Working...
                              X