Overdrive for 31 Studebaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overdrive for 31 Studebaker

Can any body tell me what issue of Turning Wheels the article on changing to overdrive in a 31 Studebaker?

papasstudebaker
    Vern Ediger
    Halstead, KS 67056
    316 215-1166

Vern,

I did a search of the index on the home page (current through 2000) and the only overdrive article was on a 4 speed conversion in the July 1985 edition. I did not see anything in the 1931 listings either.

You might also be interested to know that the buggy that Ruth brought back and came in the back of Asa's M-16 is on its way to Australia.

Gary Hearn

http://community.webshots.com/user/GuidoSalvage

Hiding and preserving Studebakers in Richmond, Goochland & Louisa, Va.

Comment

Vern,

I did a search of the index on the home page (current through 2000) and the only overdrive article was on a 4 speed conversion in the July 1985 edition. I did not see anything in the 1931 listings either.

You might also be interested to know that the buggy that Ruth brought back and came in the back of Asa's M-16 is on its way to Australia.

Gary Hearn

Comment

The only article I was able to find that's even close to what you asked was in Antique Studebaker Review, 5-6/2006. 'Installing an Overdrive Transmission in a 1920s Studebaker' by Ray Keehner (1929 Dictator)

Dwain G.
        Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

The only article I was able to find that's even close to what you asked was in Antique Studebaker Review, 5-6/2006. 'Installing an Overdrive Transmission in a 1920s Studebaker' by Ray Keehner (1929 Dictator)

Dwain G.
          Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Gary: Hope the buggy doesn't get wet.....how did it turn out getting to your place?..... I remember that the article I'm looking for was shown to me by Larry Tholen from the Antique Studebaker magazine.

Ray: The article you mentioned is the one I'm thinking of. I don't think the 29 and my 31 look quite the same but I'm not sure. Going to pull transmission tomorrow and see what I can make work.

Vern

Comment

Gary: Hope the buggy doesn't get wet.....how did it turn out getting to your place?..... I remember that the article I'm looking for was shown to me by Larry Tholen from the Antique Studebaker magazine.

Ray: The article you mentioned is the one I'm thinking of. I don't think the 29 and my 31 look quite the same but I'm not sure. Going to pull transmission tomorrow and see what I can make work.

Vern

Comment

quote:Originally posted by papasstudebaker

Gary: Hope the buggy doesn't get wet.....how did it turn out getting to your place?.....
                It went well, the buggy was secured in the back of the grain truck. I met Mitch's driver about 2 hours from my house in the parking lot of the local Farm Co-op and pulled it out of the back of the tractor trailer onto my rollback. I seem to recall that there was a rush order on the cabinets, there were only 11 of them on the truck.

Is Mitch still delivering this way? I have found a horse drawn wagon in Nebraska and wonder if he could get it to me?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by papasstudebaker

Gary: Hope the buggy doesn't get wet.....how did it turn out getting to your place?.....
                  It went well, the buggy was secured in the back of the grain truck. I met Mitch's driver about 2 hours from my house in the parking lot of the local Farm Co-op and pulled it out of the back of the tractor trailer onto my rollback. I seem to recall that there was a rush order on the cabinets, there were only 11 of them on the truck.

Is Mitch still delivering this way? I have found a horse drawn wagon in Nebraska and wonder if he could get it to me?

Comment

Mitch still delivers in your direction. I would have to get the wagon here and then take it to Mitch's dock.

Vern Ediger
                    Halstead, KS 67056
                    316 215-1166

Comment

Mitch still delivers in your direction. I would have to get the wagon here and then take it to Mitch's dock.

Vern Ediger
                      Halstead, KS 67056
                      316 215-1166

Comment

Vern,

I realize we are off topic, but I will let you know if I can work a deal on the wagon.

Gary

Comment

Vern,

I realize we are off topic, but I will let you know if I can work a deal on the wagon.

Gary

Comment

I found a way to adapt the transmission. Relatively simple. If anyone needs to know how I did it I would be glad to share the information.

Vern Ediger
                            316 215-1166

Comment

I found a way to adapt the transmission. Relatively simple. If anyone needs to know how I did it I would be glad to share the information.

Vern Ediger
                              316 215-1166

Comment

Working...
                              X