No announcement yet.

Buttercup's interior

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today, I started on the rear seat delete option. Nothing is fastened in yet but I've got it fitting pretty good.

I didn't cut out the piece for the front vertical yet, maybe tomorrow.

Also, I haven't yet decided on how I'm going to cover the wheel wells. I'm thinking, instead of trying to form the ABS over them I'll cover them with flat plastic. One flat vertical piece and one curved piece for each wheel well.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

That rear seat delete is actually kind of neat. I'll like to see how it works out when it's finished.
      1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
      1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
      1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
      1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
      1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
      1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
        Also, I haven't yet decided on how I'm going to cover the wheel wells. I'm thinking, instead of trying to form the ABS over them I'll cover them with flat plastic. One flat vertical piece and one curved piece for each wheel well.
        That's a great choice for the back seat. Have you considered stretchable vinyl and 3M 90 adhesive to cover the wheel wells. That worked on my Avanti for a couple of curved areas.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
          That's a great choice for the back seat. Have you considered stretchable vinyl and 3M 90 adhesive to cover the wheel wells. That worked on my Avanti for a couple of curved areas.

Bob
          Yes, I thought about covering them with vinyl, But, the insulation isn't smooth and the vinyl wouldn't look good on the insulation. Plus, I want to keep the same texture the rest of the ABS has.
          Jerry Forrester
          Forrester's Chrome
          Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

This was a timely post, there was nothing of note left in the interior of my coupe, seat springs and door handles and drainage area where a floor should have been I have some of that plastic left over from another car, hopefully enough to do this car, but.........well thanks for a good training tape

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
              Today, I started on the rear seat delete option. Nothing is fastened in yet but I've got it fitting pretty good.

So it will look like it is tubbed? Interesting.
              RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
              10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
              10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
              4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
              5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
              56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
              60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Comment

Jerry,

I like what I see. I am wondering how it would have worked if you had brought the rear vertical seat panel in a little further to hide the wheel wells. It would drop about at the front of the rear window. It could also provide a few more inches of trunk space. I am just thinking out loud on this and love the concept of giving up the rear seat to make a really nice two person and luggage cruising Studebaker. Install a couple of speakers in the front vertical area and really cruise on down the road.

Thank you for the excellent chrome work earlier this year. It really made the front of the Studebaker pop!!

Charlie D.

Comment

I really love what you are doing with the interior of the car. The ABS formed to fit looks fantastic.
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by RadioRoy View Post
                    So it will look like it is tubbed? Interesting.
                    Got started on the wheel house covers (Mini tubs).
                    Since it's so much easier to work with flat plastic as opposed to forming the plastic, I decided to go with the flat.
                    Got the frames fabbed.

I won't cover them until the final installation. All the plastic has to come back out for the rear-outside quarter panel installation and they haven't been painted as of yet
                    Jerry Forrester
                    Forrester's Chrome
                    Douglasville, Georgia

Comment

Working...
                    X