LA Winter Meet info... anyone???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA Winter Meet info... anyone???

For a very long time the Los Angeles SDC has put on a show sometime during the month of February. In it's early years it was held at a school, (even after an earthquake!!!) and for the last several years it's been held at the Peterson Automotive Museum in Downtown LA. This year I've heard/seen nothing as to when (or if) the meet is a 'go'~ has anyone else [?] [?] [?]
    Just wondering...

StudeDave [8D]
    V/P San Diego County SDC
    San Diego, Ca

www.studebakersandiego.com

'54 Commander Regal 4dr 'Ruby'
    '57 Commander DeLuxe 2dr 'Baby'
    '57 Champion Custom 2dr 'Jewel'
    '57 Parkview (she's a 2dr wagon...) 'Betsy'
    '58 Packard sedan 'Cleo'
    '65 Cruiser 'Sweet Pea'
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Haven't heard either.
    I've asked a coupla people...no one knows!

I'll try to call the Museum Monday.

Mike

Comment

Haven't heard either.
      I've asked a coupla people...no one knows!

I'll try to call the Museum Monday.

Mike

Comment

Their web sit is not even updated....except for the
        current January and Feb 2008 calendar showing their
        monthly meetings....everything else is from last year.

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

Their web sit is not even updated....except for the
          current January and Feb 2008 calendar showing their
          monthly meetings....everything else is from last year.

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

With the TKO install and other upgrades I am actually getting close to
            a condition that makes a trip to L.A. a reality! Who knows!

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
            '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
            Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
            http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...bracket-update
            I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

With the TKO install and other upgrades I am actually getting close to
              a condition that makes a trip to L.A. a reality! Who knows!

Tom

'63 Avanti, zinc plated drilled & slotted 03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, soon: TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves, 'R3' 276 cam, Edelbrock AFB Carb, GM HEI distributor, 8.8mm plug wires
              '63 Avanti R1, '03 Mustang Cobra 13" front disc/98 GT rear brakes, 03 Cobra 17" wheels, GM alt, 97 Z28 leather seats, TKO 5-spd, Ported heads w/SST full flow valves.
              Check out my disc brake adapters to install 1994-2004 Mustang disc brakes on your Studebaker!!
              I have also written many TECH how to articles, do a search for my Forum name to find them

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

With the TKO install and other upgrades I am actually getting close to a condition that makes a trip to L.A. a reality! Who knows!

Tom
                If the show goes on, I plan to be there~ given enough notice, of course... [?] [?] [?]

Don't ask what I'll drive- that's a day-to-day battle!!! [:0] [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                StudeDave '57
                US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

quote:Originally posted by sbca96

With the TKO install and other upgrades I am actually getting close to a condition that makes a trip to L.A. a reality! Who knows!

Tom
                  If the show goes on, I plan to be there~ given enough notice, of course... [?] [?] [?]

Don't ask what I'll drive- that's a day-to-day battle!!! [:0] [V]

StudeDave [8D]
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Last year, because of inclement weather (for Southern California) the Winter Meet was moved to the last weekend in winter (Mid March), So I assume (oh-oh) that the L.A. Chapter will have something in March. Hopefully, they do it again. I relish going to a car show at the time of year when the majority of cars are hibernating. Makes a longer car show season. When there was a Chapter in Santa Barbara, they had their annual picnic in January. I LOVED IT!!!

Comment

Last year, because of inclement weather (for Southern California) the Winter Meet was moved to the last weekend in winter (Mid March), So I assume (oh-oh) that the L.A. Chapter will have something in March. Hopefully, they do it again. I relish going to a car show at the time of year when the majority of cars are hibernating. Makes a longer car show season. When there was a Chapter in Santa Barbara, they had their annual picnic in January. I LOVED IT!!!

Comment

My dad was one of the founders of the Santa Barbara chapter. I tried
                        to get it going again roughly 15-20 years ago and failed, there was
                        only like 5 cars that showed up to the meet I organized - one was mine.[B)]

Tom

Comment

My dad was one of the founders of the Santa Barbara chapter. I tried
                          to get it going again roughly 15-20 years ago and failed, there was
                          only like 5 cars that showed up to the meet I organized - one was mine.[B)]

Tom

Comment

Doug -

Even with the later date last year...it was still a smaller than normal show!

Hibernating....in Southern California....? No such thing!

Mike

Comment

Doug -

Even with the later date last year...it was still a smaller than normal show!

Hibernating....in Southern California....? No such thing!

Mike

Comment

Working...
                              X