is it still a barn find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it still a barn find

Went to our old farm shed and there still sat my 1963 lark ,R2 4spd...got it rolling again ,its time in the shop is getting closer, but not yet. Life does get in the way, But i still get as excited as i did the first time i found it in Princeville Il, almost 20 years ago. So is it still a barn find?

trying pictures
    Attached Files

Comment

first timer for pics !
      Attached Files

Comment

Very neat, thanks for posting!

Is this a very early '63 car? I noticed that the Avanti-powered badge is mounted forward and higher on the fender, similar to some real early R-powered '63s.
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Bruce it's good to hear you are plans on getting to it are closer . Did you know Craig Parslow is doing JT News via e-mail ? I am sure he would be happy to bring you up do date and that may help motivate like it does me . He could also use some new material so pics like this and a little story would be welcome . Ed

Comment

Thanks for sharing, I love those JT F-bodies! As Ed stated, a story about your car would be a great feature in Jet Thrust News.
            Eric DeRosa

\'63 R2 Lark
            \'60 Lark Convertible

Comment

Yep looks like a '63 Lark Regal 2 Door Sedan, with an Owner or Dealer installed R2 Nameplate(s) in the wrong location, but it sure does NOT devalue the fact that it probably IS an original Factory equipped Avanti JTS Powered Lark.

I don't think it changes anything, that you already KNEW it was in the Barn, still a "Barn Find"!
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                Yep looks like a '63 Lark Regal 2 Door Sedan, with an Owner or Dealer installed R2 Nameplate(s) in the wrong location,
                Rich, there was at least one other '63 R2 that had the Avanti-powered badges in this location, now owned by Jon Myer:
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Meyer '63.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	106.0 KB
ID:	1716546
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

It is the real deal, i have the vin somewhere, it was listed in the JT news years ago and , yes, i am getting the new issues. ! Really enjoying the stoy"s on the Chicago show, Great job to Ed and crew !

Comment

I knew the Car almost before Jon did, since my Wife and I recruited Jon & Betty into the Club and the orange Empire Chapter, and just like all the rest of the early Cars it came with None, and also at the time had the wrong seats!
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

WOW... I'm soooooo jealous. That is one of my all time favorite Studes. 63 2 dr sedan R2 4 speed.... WOW, I can't get over just how awesome that is. I can't wait to see the smoky burnouts it'll do.
                      sals54

Comment

That car is begging to come back to life and be run down a track ! Would be a blast to see it smoke some youngsters in there ricers

Comment

...and a nice dash pad to boot!

Comment

Be sure to let George Krem know of this car for his "F" body JTS registry. What is the serial # of it?
                            james r pepper

Comment

Originally posted by jpepper View Post
                              Be sure to let George Krem know of this car for his "F" body JTS registry. What is the serial # of it?
                              Thanks, Jim; it's already on the list, but I'll wait for Bruce to reveal the serial number.

At this point, the number of surviving F-body (2-door sedan) R2-powered 1963 Larks that we know about is 30. That number could vary by one or two, depending on whether or not you count incomplete cars (For example, one person has only a serial number plate). Many have their original engines, but some do not. We know of one that was parted out many years ago; the owner still has the engine block, but that's all. Some are not in running condition.

So a supercharged '63 F-body Lark in running condition is a pretty rare animal.

George
                              george krem

Comment

Working...
                              X