1957 Golden Hawk available in Gig Harbor, WA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1957 Golden Hawk available in Gig Harbor, WA

There's a 1957 Golden Hawk available in Gig Harbor WA. From the sticker in the windshields of the GH and the other cars, it might be on a dealer lot.

Mark L

It has '59-'61 Hawk F&R Seats, '58-'61 Side Grille Inserts and Floor Shifter, probably for a Overdrive Manual Trans. ? and needs a LOT of Love before it would be worth over $6-8,000.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

It also needs a correct hood and scoop. Either it does not have its supercharger or that is why the hood is unlatched.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Since so many of the front end parts are not GH, I am guessing a front end collision in its past.
        Wayne
        "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic​

Comment

Probably has a SBC engine...
          64 GT Hawk (K7)
          1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

I'm pretty sure there are no palm trees in Gig Harbor. This looks a lot like an insurance company salvage lot to me.
            Restorations by Skip Towne

Comment

Yes, Dwain, that is a salvage lot, possible Co Part. they use stickers like that on the windshields. I believe that this is a spoof ad with a picture from California, the palm trees are a dead giveaway,as well as the Hindenburg sized price. Lou

Comment

I do not believe it is a spoof add. The pictures do show that they were not taken locally but it is advertised by a local dealer who deals in vehicles from all over.

Mark Chance

1933 Model 56 5 window Coupe

Comment

It also appears to have the ultra rare single exhaust.
                  Bill

Comment

Jim is a Legitimate? Classic Car Lot owner in Gig Harbor Wash.
                    He said the Ad got up prematurely by an employee before they actually HAVE the Car, (probably from CarPart in Calif.) he apologized for that, right before he hung up on me after I mentioned it's ACTUAL Value.

So it is or was a Real Ad.

I SHOULD have said: "Hey, if you want to ship it here with a Check for $20,000.00 we can make it worth $18,000.00 for ya!"
                    Last edited by StudeRich; 09-23-2017, 10:56 AM.
                    StudeRich
                    Second Generation Stude Driver,
                    Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                    SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I contacted him a couple days ago and asked about the original engine. The reply was that "he couldn't tell me, as he didn't look at the car yet"
                      64 GT Hawk (K7)
                      1970 Avanti (R3)

Comment

He has quite a few other ads on Craigslist in various other cities. With just as outrageous prices, makes you wonder how many of these he actually sells.
                        Don Watson
                        61 Hawk

Comment

The car is also on eBay right now:

Mark L

Comment

Originally posted by Mark L View Post
                            The description states that it has a 275 HP supercharged engine, yet the picture of the engine compartment shows that it is not a supercharged engine. That is how it gets away with the incorrect hood.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Well I stand corrected about the ad , those that drive I -5 will have to be on the look out for this on a transporter. As for the price -- well a wise man once said : it's a hell of a price to pay to be stylish. Lou

Comment

Working...
                              X