Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KenF
    replied
    Those Wagner airless sprayers aren't just for painting fences you know.

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    Bad paint and body work but ad does say it has leather seats.

Leave a comment:

• Jeffry Cassel
    replied
    Has anyone out there ever been totally happy with a paint job??? We bought a brand new 1974 Plymouth; it had 39 factory dings in it. Must have been a bad vintage for Plymouth. They were a nice car on a good year and an absolutely awful car on bad years. Was a coin toss.

Leave a comment:

• GrumpyOne
    replied
    A "zero" footer I would guess...

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by truckguy View Post
    Look at the wheels and you will see the very same "orange peel". The "awful paint" is a photography problem, not the car.
    Soo how bout the runs in the black painted dash? Hard to confuse orange peel with runs. LOL

Leave a comment:

• truckguy
    replied
    Look at the wheels and you will see the very same "orange peel". The "awful paint" is a photography problem, not the car.

Leave a comment:

• 8E45E
    replied
    Of course Photo-b eff'd it all up now: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...16143-Tremclad

You will have to do some re-scanning if one wants to see them. Thankfully, I never used Photobucket.

Craig

Leave a comment:

• Guido
    replied
    I once painted a 1949 2R17A fire truck with a gallon of Rustoleum (Tremclad) safety red with a foam roller. Actually turned out well with the exception the paint had no UV protection and started to fade a couple of years later. Craig may be able to dig up my original post (at least 10 years ago).

Leave a comment:

• 55 56 PREZ 4D
    replied
    Look at the 10th image of the open trunk, the paint/clearcoat is drooling over the body edge.

Leave a comment:

• Jessie J.
    replied
    Just noticed the weird reverse scoop piggybacked on the gun sight.

Leave a comment:

• David56j
    replied
    To be fair, look at the rest of the photo and not just the paint. Look at the showroom wooden floor and the red truck outside through the window. Even the bright work on the car. Every thing has the same look. I think someone did a bad job with Photoshop rather than with the paint gun. The car has other issues that I don't care for but I would have to see it before I passed because of the paint.

Leave a comment:

• Mark L
    replied
    The ad says they have the car on consignment, so the seller was probably the one who prepared it for the sale, not the consignment lot.

Leave a comment:

• mapman
    replied
    Originally posted by Corley View Post
    Ah, you guys are just jealous...
    Probably true. I'm sure mine won't be in anyone's showroom any time soon.

Leave a comment:

• Corley
    replied
    Ah, you guys are just jealous...

Leave a comment:

• JoeHall
    replied
    Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    Right. The same pattern appears on the wheels, floor, etc.
    In the black paint on the dash, I see runs all over. Not due to bad photo, just runs in the paint. Maybe it was painted at midnight, with the lights off. LOL

Leave a comment:

Working...
X