• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Fly Sprayer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	1716501

I think the painter must have used one of these .

Comment

Cheap Khumo tires also.

Comment

I know nothing about this or any other Avanti, but looks like someone has altered this one's forward edge of the hood, to let fresh air in. Anyone else notice that?

Comment

Originally posted by sailingadventure View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]67257[/ATTACH]

I think the painter must have used one of these .
          I have found a real good quality paint brush will do just as good a job as a fly sprayer. Just sayin...

Comment

Looking at the pictures on my phone it doesn't look like the pictures are good enough to be able to look for paint defects. Maybe you can see more on a real computer?

Comment

I've seen a good many much smoother brush jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                I know nothing about this or any other Avanti, but looks like someone has altered this one's forward edge of the hood, to let fresh air in. Anyone else notice that?
                Sure did. Not something I would want.
                Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by JoeHall View Post
                  Refer to post number 9.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

[QUOTE=sailingadventure;1074612]I hope whoever owned this car didn`t pay for this paint job.

I've been an amateur painter my whole life and have painted my own cars. THIS is one reason that I don't like two stage paint. However, on metallic, it is necessary to clear coat. It looks like the base coat was fine but it looks like he didn't clear it heavy enough to allow it to flow out which takes at the very least two coats. After that it must be color sanded and then buffed. This car was not color sanded or buffed. When done correctly it has a completely smooth mirror finish with no orange peel like you see on this car. It could be fixed but.....
                    don

Comment

A guy I work with has a 33 ford roadster replica that is painted with Linex liner. At least with bedliner the finish is uniform over the entire car. Some of the ridges and sharp edges on this poor Avanti appear to be fairly slick. Slick edges with heavy orange peal on the flat surfaces are a pretty good indication of a painter that needs a new profession.

I can only imagine what the rest of the cars on the lot must look like if this one is worthy of the show room.
                      Wayne
                      "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
                        What you see in the paint job appears to be reflected throughout the entire photo (all of them). It looks like someone tried using a photo enhancement program to sharpen the images but it did not work well.
                        I could be wrong, but that is what it looks like to me.
                        Right. The same pattern appears on the wheels, floor, etc.
                        Skip Lackie

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Lackie View Post
                          Right. The same pattern appears on the wheels, floor, etc.
                          In the black paint on the dash, I see runs all over. Not due to bad photo, just runs in the paint. Maybe it was painted at midnight, with the lights off. LOL

Comment

Ah, you guys are just jealous...
                            Corley

Comment

Originally posted by Corley View Post
                              Ah, you guys are just jealous...
                              Probably true. I'm sure mine won't be in anyone's showroom any time soon.

Comment

The ad says they have the car on consignment, so the seller was probably the one who prepared it for the sale, not the consignment lot.
                                Mark L

Comment

Working...
                                X