X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8E45E
    replied
    Awesome truck, Matt.

It appears the rims were painted WITH the tires & tubes already mounted!

Craig

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    I think the "patina" is more from low quality paint and prep, and less from poor storage. I don't think anyone intended on this truck lasting as long as it has.

The bracket on the right kick panel is for a fire extinguisher. It's with the truck, but corroded, so no longer mounted in the cab.

Leave a comment:

• harry
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
    What is that bracket with the straps on the passenger side kick panel for? Shovel holder, rifle mount????

Seems this truck must have suffered from some poor storage over the years, even with only 1200 miles, it has its share of patina.

Great survivor!
    Looks like a fire extinguisher holder.

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    My first father in law drove a radio truck in Patton's drive toward Berlin. He had a machine gun in a sort of scabbord on the inside of the door so he could grab it and jump out in one smooth movement if they came under attack. I suppose the truck was much like this one. When he and I were around each other it was not on my radar that Stude built so many army trucks so I don't remember ever asking what brand truck it was.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Originally posted by Jeff_H View Post
    What is that bracket with the straps on the passenger side kick panel for? Shovel holder, rifle mount????
    Great survivor!
    Possibly a small fire extinguisher? BP

Leave a comment:

• Jeff_H
    replied

Seems this truck must have suffered from some poor storage over the years, even with only 1200 miles, it has its share of patina.

Great survivor!

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    That IS amazing how well preserved that 'Ol 6X6 is! That's 72 Years Old, almost as old as I am!

Leave a comment:

• t walgamuth
    replied
    That is an amazing truck! Thanks for sharing with us!

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    started a topic Unrestored US6

Unrestored US6

Someone on the truck forum is redoing a US6, so I took some pictures of this one to help with his restoration. Since these trucks aren't something that most get to see everyday, I thought I'd share it here too.

This truck was built in June, 1945 and instead of going to war, it went to Macy's in New York City to be put on display as a promotion for war bonds. It has less than 1200 actual miles and is original down to the tires.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/151095...57686906696703

Working...
X