Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Over on BaT; 1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk (auction)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over on BaT; 1957 Studebaker Silver Hawk (auction)

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...silver-hawk-5/
    Money may not buy happiness, but it's more comfortable to cry in a Mercedes than on a bicycle.

I like it.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Too bad they changed from the original front seat. I've alway found '56 -'57 Hawk seats to be quite comfortable, and I always liked the roll top on the upper seat back.

Comment

I like the car but can never see why people spend all the money to redo their interior and then drill a bunch of holes in the door panels and put screws in them ratter than use the hidden push in clips on the back side like it should be done. IMO it just looks tacky.

Comment

Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
          I like the car but can never see why people spend all the money to redo their interior and then drill a bunch of holes in the door panels and put screws in them ratter than use the hidden push in clips on the back side like it should be done. IMO it just looks tacky.
          I agree. That is something that I noticed, and didn't comment on, with the expensive 1953 custom convertible on the Hemmings site (a different post here). IIRC, there were even more screws in those door panels (that people now call "cards").
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

How many ways are there to two-tone a '57 Silver Hawk? Mine was originally main color below the rub-strip and white above. The fins, grill inserts, and trunk inserts weren't also the main color.
            1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
            1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
            1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
            1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
            1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
            1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Working...
            X