Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52-fan
    replied
    I feel your pain. My brother was complaining last night about all the jeep stuff coming up in his studebaker search. I pointed out that each reference had Commander in it.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas

Leave a comment:

• 52-fan
    replied
    I feel your pain. My brother was complaining last night about all the jeep stuff coming up in his studebaker search. I pointed out that each reference had Commander in it.

1952 Champion Starlight, 1962 Daytona, 1947 M5. Searcy,Arkansas

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I've had few problems with the change myself. But the search function is never going to be perfect, i.e. when I go to "Nash" in eBay Motors, I get around 30 late model cars of all makes because the dealer selling them saw fit to put their location- Nash, TN- in the listing title[}][}]

I've been having trouble lately when I go to eBay Motors Collector Car page; when I click on a specific make, about half won't load- says something like "must enter at least 2 characters in your search". And when they do load, sometimes you get all years up to current, instead of just older years

As for search order, i.e. Oldest first, Ending soonest, etc.- I save them by going to the page, selecting my preference, and then bookmarking that page by itself. I look at all Studes, but for example my Lincoln search is set for 1956-1979 only, Year Increasing.

Hopefully they'll get these bugs ironed out soon[V]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• bams50
    replied
    I've had few problems with the change myself. But the search function is never going to be perfect, i.e. when I go to "Nash" in eBay Motors, I get around 30 late model cars of all makes because the dealer selling them saw fit to put their location- Nash, TN- in the listing title[}][}]

I've been having trouble lately when I go to eBay Motors Collector Car page; when I click on a specific make, about half won't load- says something like "must enter at least 2 characters in your search". And when they do load, sometimes you get all years up to current, instead of just older years

As for search order, i.e. Oldest first, Ending soonest, etc.- I save them by going to the page, selecting my preference, and then bookmarking that page by itself. I look at all Studes, but for example my Lincoln search is set for 1956-1979 only, Year Increasing.

Hopefully they'll get these bugs ironed out soon[V]

Robert (Bob) Andrews Owner- Studebakeracres- on the IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131

Leave a comment:

• shifter4
    replied
    The squeeky wheel gets the grease..... so SQUEEK !!

Leave a comment:

• shifter4
    replied
    The squeeky wheel gets the grease..... so SQUEEK !!

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Mark, they allowed the "chosen ones" to test it for a Month or two, I have been avoiding it. Then yesterday they DUMPED it on all of us automatically, and the search function to put it politely, sucks!

Also why would you want all those "options", stuff you have looked at etc. taking the left 1/3 of your screen? I went back to the old one, and have a larger viewing area and none of those problems. [^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Mark, they allowed the "chosen ones" to test it for a Month or two, I have been avoiding it. Then yesterday they DUMPED it on all of us automatically, and the search function to put it politely, sucks!

Also why would you want all those "options", stuff you have looked at etc. taking the left 1/3 of your screen? I went back to the old one, and have a larger viewing area and none of those problems. [^]

StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Hmmm... I must just be "odd" or "dadgummed"![}] I have been using the new E-Bay Motors for 3 - 4 months now and it works fine for me - searching & finding only what I want.[:0][^]

Sorry to hear that you fellers are having problems!

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    [img]

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    Hmmm... I must just be "odd" or "dadgummed"![}] I have been using the new E-Bay Motors for 3 - 4 months now and it works fine for me - searching & finding only what I want.[:0][^]

Sorry to hear that you fellers are having problems!

<h5>Mark
    '57 Transtar
    3E-6/7-122
    </h5>
    [img]

Leave a comment:

• arkiejazz
    replied
    quote:Originally posted by 52hawk

thanks Arkie,but it didn't work. After 3 trys,I get a page that says 'welcome to the new ebay motors' and the same search comes up,with jeep commander parts in the way. The only saved search that still works is 'studebaker cars' but I still have to retype 'studebaker' to get to it.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    [)]Ok, I just tried it again, and it works for me. Maybe I didn't explain it right. Open the dadgummed new ebay motors page and type in whatever you're looking for in the search bar about middle top of the page. And hit search. Then you'll get a gazillion of whatever you're looking for, but over in the upper right hand quadrant of that page you will see "options". Click on "options" and you'll get a menu which will give you the option to return to the old ebay motors. click on that and it takes a few seconds for it to "think". Then you get the old version of ebay motors and start your search all over again. I just tried it and it works. Good luck.[)]

steve blake
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Leave a comment:

• arkiejazz
    replied

thanks Arkie,but it didn't work. After 3 trys,I get a page that says 'welcome to the new ebay motors' and the same search comes up,with jeep commander parts in the way. The only saved search that still works is 'studebaker cars' but I still have to retype 'studebaker' to get to it.

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk
    [)]Ok, I just tried it again, and it works for me. Maybe I didn't explain it right. Open the dadgummed new ebay motors page and type in whatever you're looking for in the search bar about middle top of the page. And hit search. Then you'll get a gazillion of whatever you're looking for, but over in the upper right hand quadrant of that page you will see "options". Click on "options" and you'll get a menu which will give you the option to return to the old ebay motors. click on that and it takes a few seconds for it to "think". Then you get the old version of ebay motors and start your search all over again. I just tried it and it works. Good luck.[)]

steve blake
    http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Are you sure you are in "My ebay" and logged on as you, on your main page, when you do the conversion?

thanks Arkie,but it didn't work.
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Are you sure you are in "My ebay" and logged on as you, on your main page, when you do the conversion?

thanks Arkie,but it didn't work.
    StudeRich
    Studebakers Northwest
    Ferndale, WA

Leave a comment:

• 52hawk
    replied

LaSalle,Il
    61Hawk

Leave a comment:

Working...
X