What the........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the........

OK, I don't know if this has been addressed here already or not, but I'm PO'd with what I just encountered on ebay.
    I go there, select "parts & accessories" and then type in "Studebaker" at the prompt. 1450+ items come up! Wow! But wait a minute....... what the hey???? Anything and everything that has the name Commander or Champion now comes up automatically!

What light bulb came up with that idea???

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Every time ebay creates a 'new' page it's worse than the one it replaced. I suppose I'll get used to it, but right now when I check 'Manuals and Literature, Studebaker' every night it's a hassle to get there.

Dwain G.

Comment

Every time ebay creates a 'new' page it's worse than the one it replaced. I suppose I'll get used to it, but right now when I check 'Manuals and Literature, Studebaker' every night it's a hassle to get there.

Dwain G.

Comment

Bob; the computer GEEKS have struck again! I had to do a totally NEW search for Studebaker Cars, and then click "save this search" to get a new search that works! They have totally re-vamped the system, all the colors are now light blue and stuff is DIFFERENT! It's called progress...I think!

I other words, you have to delete all of your old saved searches and make new ones on the new system, because the old ones do weird stuff, and bring up NEW car searches etc. UGH! [xx(]

I have one for Studebaker Cars & Trucks, Packard cars, Studebaker Parts and of course "Studebaker", which I rarely use (sorry Billy) it has all the Hats, T shirts, Signs, underwear and sunglasses that I don't need, usually over 1200 of em!

Under the "options" link at the upper right, I chose to go back to the old format, AND I told em what I thought of all the "suggestions" and advertising on the "New" searches!! [^]

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Bob; the computer GEEKS have struck again! I had to do a totally NEW search for Studebaker Cars, and then click "save this search" to get a new search that works! They have totally re-vamped the system, all the colors are now light blue and stuff is DIFFERENT! It's called progress...I think!

I other words, you have to delete all of your old saved searches and make new ones on the new system, because the old ones do weird stuff, and bring up NEW car searches etc. UGH! [xx(]

I have one for Studebaker Cars & Trucks, Packard cars, Studebaker Parts and of course "Studebaker", which I rarely use (sorry Billy) it has all the Hats, T shirts, Signs, underwear and sunglasses that I don't need, usually over 1200 of em!

Under the "options" link at the upper right, I chose to go back to the old format, AND I told em what I thought of all the "suggestions" and advertising on the "New" searches!! [^]

StudeRich -Studebakers Northwest Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

My car search has a $300 lower limit, I get no odd entries.

I have a parts search for "Studebaker plus 55" no odd entries.

I haven't changed anything for over two months.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars4.jpg[/img=left]
            Tom Bredehoft
            '53 Commander Coupe
            '55 President State Sedan (Under Construction) 100 hrs.
            '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
            All Indiana built cars

Comment

My car search has a $300 lower limit, I get no odd entries.

I have a parts search for "Studebaker plus 55" no odd entries.

I haven't changed anything for over two months.

[img=left]http://www.alink.com/personal/tbredehoft/Bothcars4.jpg[/img=left]
              Tom Bredehoft
              '53 Commander Coupe
              '55 President State Sedan (Under Construction) 100 hrs.
              '05 Legacy Ltd Wagon
              All Indiana built cars

Comment

The same "geek" lightbulb that won't allow me to set
                the car side permanently to "Time: newly listed". They
                must have hired a new batch of "college boys".......

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

The same "geek" lightbulb that won't allow me to set
                  the car side permanently to "Time: newly listed". They
                  must have hired a new batch of "college boys".......

glen Brose - Perkinsville, AZ

Comment

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. I filled out their questionnaire and told them it doesn't work. It is like dipping into a raffle box. You don't know what will come up!

Leonard Shepherd
                    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I was just getting ready to post the same thing. I filled out their questionnaire and told them it doesn't work. It is like dipping into a raffle box. You don't know what will come up!

Leonard Shepherd
                      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

[)]Open the "new ebay motors" and type studebaker in the search bar. When the resultant window opens, look in the upper right hand quadrant of the page and click on "options". You will be given a menu bar in which you can select "return to the old ebay motors". It's just one more hoop to have to jump through, but it's the only way I have found to get around the stupidity of the new version.[)]

steve blake
                        http://tinyurl.com/kr3gt
                        steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

[)]Open the "new ebay motors" and type studebaker in the search bar. When the resultant window opens, look in the upper right hand quadrant of the page and click on "options". You will be given a menu bar in which you can select "return to the old ebay motors". It's just one more hoop to have to jump through, but it's the only way I have found to get around the stupidity of the new version.[)]

steve blake
                          steve blake...roaming the Texas Panhandle in my trusty Champ pickup

Comment

thanks Arkie,but it didn't work. After 3 trys,I get a page that says 'welcome to the new ebay motors' and the same search comes up,with jeep commander parts in the way. The only saved search that still works is 'studebaker cars' but I still have to retype 'studebaker' to get to it.

LaSalle,Il
                            61Hawk
                            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

thanks Arkie,but it didn't work. After 3 trys,I get a page that says 'welcome to the new ebay motors' and the same search comes up,with jeep commander parts in the way. The only saved search that still works is 'studebaker cars' but I still have to retype 'studebaker' to get to it.

LaSalle,Il
                              61Hawk
                              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Working...
                              X